A number of clients have requested a simple way to set up triggers within the Shotgun UI, rather than having to install the shotgunEvents daemon and write Python plugins to accomplish this type of automation.
The most common examples are status changes. Being able to make it so that an Asset status flips to Final when all linked Tasks are set to Final. Or changing a Task status to Final when a linked Version is approved.
Another use case is adding People to Projects. Some studios want all members of a certain Group (i.e. 'Production') automatically added to every Project that is created. A companion trigger would be to link any new users added to that Group to any existing Projects.
Some other areas where this would be useful:
- Updating durations when start or end frames change
- Creating Notes to certain users or groups when important things happen (for more complex criteria than Following will handle)
- Project status change can trigger archiving/offlining processes
- Version or Task approvals can launch QA renders
- Asset changes update status of linked Shots/Levels, generate Notes
- ...many, many more possibilities...
Click the 'Me Too!' button to add your support, and please leave comments to let us know about other use cases for which you would utilize this feature (even things that you currently use the shotgunEvents daemon for would be helpful).