0

Changing color conversion in RV4 using python

Hello:

  I have a piece of code that worked in RV 3 that would change the color conversion  in a new-source event.  This is roughly what I'm doing in RV 4 and python:

 

def aNewSource(self,event):
        args        = event.contents().split(";;")
        source      = args[0]

        colorNode   = associatedNode("RVColor", source)

        setIntProperty("%s.color.sRGB2linear" % colorNode, [0])

 

 

ERROR: Exception thrown while calling commands.setIntProperty -- exception: "invalid property name sourceGroup000000_colorPipeline_0.color.sRGB2linear", program exception

 

Is there a new node or way to intercept a new source and then set it's color conversion to "No Conversion" and also change the view to "No Correction"?  Thanks!

jake

 

 

 

 

5 条评论

  • 0
    Avatar
    Jon Morley

    Hi Jake,

    As you are noticing a few things have changed around in RV-4 when compared with RV-3. Before I go into the ramifications about what that means for your code I want to make sure you first read over the RV-4 Release Process.

    Then please read the RV-3 to RV-4 Porting Guide. In particular the section titled "RVColor Node Split Into RVLinearize And RVColor".

    After you have taken a look at that please let me know if you are still stuck and how I can help.

    Thanks,
    Jon

  • 0
    Avatar
    Jake Richards

    Jon, thanks for the links!  I did happen to stumble upon the RVLinearize node while debugging this but even after setting what I thought would be values to turn off any conversions, I still seem to have my dpx files come in not how I'm expecting them.  I've attached the code I'm using.  As strange as it may sound, my goal is for the python script to emulate if I hit these menu items:

    View->"No Correction"

    Color->"No Conversion"

    Thanks!

    Jake

  • 0
    Avatar
    Jon Morley

    Hi Jake,

    Included in all releases now you will find an optional package called "Custom LUT Menu Mode" that does something very similar. Please take a look at that.

    Thanks,
    Jon

  • 0
    Avatar
    Jake Richards

    Ah, I got it working!  Turns out I was monitoring the new-source event when it was deprecated for source-group-complete.  I had to do a little tweaking to find my way back to the file name to get it's attributes but after doing so, everything worked great.  Reading through the source_setup.py really helped too.  Thanks again for the help!

     

    Jake

  • 0
    Avatar
    Jon Morley

    Terrific, Jake!

请先登录再写评论。