Task Templates don't recognize Custom entities in the "Entity Type" field (which is not an editable field). See attached.
The same goes for a number of other non-editable "Link" fields. I'm building workarounds by adding custom "Entity" type fields where appropriate. Bummer is, the SG factory-default "Link" fields are smart enough to auto-populate entity links in a context-sensitive manner, but the user-generated "Link" fields are not.
- Let the "factory-default" "Link" fields see custom entities
- Conversely, allow user-generated "Link" fields to auto-populate based on context
Attachments for clarification:
- Picture 19: No custom entities visible when I create an Task Template
- Picture 20: No custom entities pop up in the "Link" field when I create a new task (typing "batch" should recognize over 70 of my custom entities)
- Picture 21: When creating a new task from within a custom entity detail view, SG *does* auto-populate a link to that custom entity into the "Link" field. Cool! Now, can I get that same behavior for user-created "Entity" type fields as well?