Ben: I'm editing this idea to have it reflect our latest thinking.
In order to move forward on this feature, we'll need to pick a list of the most popular uses cases for calculated fields and how our clients need to use these fields. Please reply to this thread with these details:
- Examples of calculated fields you would make. Typically, this is phased as [Entity.Field 1] [some operator] [Entity.Field 2] in [unit]. For example, "Task.Bid times Task.Rate in dollars".
- What you need to do with the calculated field value: filter? sort? group? access via API?
Here is the list we've heard so far from support tickets:
- Shot Bid minus Shot Actual in days
- Shot Bid multiplied by Shot Cost in dollars
- Task Bid time Task Cost in pounds (totaled at the Shot level)
- Task Duration divided by # of People in Assigned To in days (Duration in Man Days)
- Task Duration multiplied by Person’s Rate in dollars
- Shot Estimated End minus Shot Estimated Start in days
- Time Logged Duration multiplied by Person’s Rate in dollars
- MocapTake Frame Out - Frame In in frames
- MocapTake Frame Duration divided by 24 in seconds
- Shot Cut Duration Divided by Shot Total Duration in frames
- Task End Date minus Today in days
I'll update this ticket as we evolve the spec and have designs.