SPIN VFX Shader Writer, Toronto
SPIN is seeking an experienced Renderman Shader Writer / TD for our Toronto VFX studio.
- Design and write RenderMan shaders and DSO’s to create a photorealistic look for film / television series
- Apply procedural shading and scripting techniques
- Develop rendering tools for creatures, environments, props and visual effects
- Write surface, light, displacement and volume shaders
- Use lighting and rendering techniques, including HDRI and Global Illumination
- Work in conjunction with lighting TD’s to ensure shots can be delivered to the very highest standard
- Ability to code in C++ as necessary
- Translate artistic ability into technical applications
- Provide shader support to the lighting team throughout production
- Should have some experience implementing renderman extensionsRSL plugins, procedurals and /or RIF filters such as custom RSL plug-ins, procedurals and/or RIF filters
- Proven experience in feature films / television series with expertise in plausible shading and rendering.
- Should be fluent with RSL
- Excellent understanding of techniques and technologies relating to shading, lighting and rendering with supporting demo reel
- Familiarity with Katana is considered an important asset
- Previous experience shading cloth, fur, feathers, water FX (fire, smoke, dust, etc)
- Good understanding of the entire VFX pipeline from shooting to modeling to texturing, animation and lighting and rendering
- Work in conjunction with TDs and creative team to ensure shots can be delivered to the very highest standard
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Interested candidates should:
- Submit a cover letter and resume with a link to your online website to: email@example.com
- Include position applying for in subject of email
- Clearly include your name, address, telephone and email address
- Indicate country of citizenship and / or status on valid work permits.
- Only those selected for an interview will be contacted
- Preference is given to qualified Canadians citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada.
- No phone calls or drop-ins please
- SPIN recognizes diversity in the workplace and is wheelchair accessible