Unless I missed a huge boat, adding users to projects is a huge pain. To wit:
- We handle many, small jobs (and fewer, larger ones) on a weekly basis. A great example would be a one-day or half-day color correct session for commercial dailies.
- Regardless of whether a project only has one or two actual artists attached, there are still plenty of other people who need to see it: producers, admin, sales, post PAs, and muckedy-mucks (like me).
- In fact, in all but a few cases, I need my entire post staff to have access to all post jobs.
Now, manually entering each Post employee's name, plus a handful of other support staff, is very cumbersome when you are churning many projects every week. And people easily slip through the cracks and can't see all of their projects.
Two proposed solutions:
- Allow me to add GROUPS to the "Users" field in the "New project" dialog. This would remove 50% of our pain.
- Allow admins to define which users and/or groups are added by default to ALL new projects.
Anyone else having this problem? I can see how shops that handle fewer, larger projects would not have this concern--but we do.