If you're looking for more in-depth RV manuals and API, please check out RV Reference Manual.
CAVEATS and KNOWN ISSUES (last updated 28th October, 2020)
As usual we'll update this page, including known issues, throughout the release process, so you can subscribe to this forum thread if you want to get notification of newly discovered issues or additional releases in this series.
- Please note that Windows executable (.exe) is no longer shipped with RV. Please download the MSI to install RV on Windows. You can double click on it and you'll be taken through the same wizard as exe. MSI can also be used as a headless installer for multi-user installation.
- Please report bugs or other issues via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
SDI Supported SDK Versions
|RV Version||AJA SDK Version||BlackMagic SDK Version|
Version 2021.0.0 (RELEASE - October 28, 2020)
- Python 3 support, it's currently opt-in via defining the RV_PYTHON3 environment variable. Python version we use is 3.7.6.
- Shotgun Review for RV is no longer available in this release.
- Update libboost 1.70
- Update libssl to 1.1.1
- Bug fixes related to source loading and playing sources via Python API.
- Fixed an issue where RV would return an exception when swapping between different source media modes.
- Fixed the issue where sourceMediaInfo API call was returning incomplete data or outright crashing.
- Fixed an issue where RV was intermittently playing a corrupted frame when playing back H264-encoded movies.
- Files with audio can now be loaded from command-line.
- RV Remote Networking now starts when connected to a proxy.
- Optimized cases where launching RV’s Screening Room would take several minutes.
- RV will now stay on the current frame when swapping source media in timeline.
- No more corruption in RV player when loading several clips on timeline that contains SPS and PPS NALs only at beginning of the stream.
- Details pane will now show the proper information when working with multiple RV sessions.
- Fixed the issue where PNG codec was not supported on Windows when playblasting from Maya.
- RV’s Python errno code values are now consistent with the ones provided by Python.
- Fixed the issue where RV was taking a long time to start (5+ minutes)RV’s Shotgun
- Python console is now automatically loaded in the “Tools” menu.
- Added environment variable to disable RV crash dumps: RV_CRASH_DMP_DISABLE