Now that we have an understanding of the permission roles that we can assign people, let’s add our key people that we’d like involved early on.
We add people from the People Page.
- Add Person
- Enter a First and Last Name
- Login, which we recommend using an email address (matching their email)
- Email Address
- Permission Group
- Instead of selecting “Create Person”, let’s select “Create and add another” to speed up the process
Once we’ve created our people, they’ll receive an invitation.
- They log in
- Get a tour of Shotgun
- Then, they can adjust their user settings—like uploading a profile picture and setting their email notifications
- With more advanced permissions, like the Admin role, we’ll also have access to controls via the Admin menu
Let’s organize our people into groups by:
- Exposing the Groups field
- Selecting our Environment Leads
- Right-clicking in the field
- Creating the group
- Now, we can assign all of our environment leads as Reviewers to specified tasks, and address notes to them as a group
- Let’s also do the same for Character Leads
We can manage groups from the groups page as admins to further refine as we go.
Our team stays connected by following the activity on an Asset, or anything else we’re building.
On the "Geralt" Asset, when someone creates a note, submits media, or changes important information, we’ll see an update in our inbox—and can even get the same update in our email depending on our email notification settings.
Note: We typically upload media from Shotgun Create, but we can also upload it directly from My Tasks.
Let’s also enable browser notifications so we see alerts.
Lastly, Artists and Vendors automatically follow the Tasks they are assigned to.
Let’s pivot a little and talk about how we can collaborate with our:
- External partners who have creative control and provide feedback over their intellectual property
- Busy executives
- Legal partners
- And other committees before disseminating notes to our larger teams
Organizing our Media
The Client Review site allows us to share content with these partners securely. We can see how our media is organized in the Media App, and add the Media we’re sharing to a new Playlist.
We can also rearrange the media in the way we’d like it presented with the sort order field, then clicking and dragging, or sorting by any other field.
Sharing Our Playlist
Once we share via the Client Review Site via the Share dropdown, we’ll be guided through setting up our organization settings and project share settings—where we can adjust to our needs. Note: we can always come back and update things later too.
We can even add descriptions that recipients will see while reviewing.
- Select the Version
- Add a message to this Version
- Repeat for other Versions
Then, we can invite Client users on the fly.
- Invite People
- Create a new Client User
- Add a message to the invitation
Note: we can also adjust the permissions and security settings when we share the Playlist, when needed.
Recipients will receive an invitation for each Playlist shared with them, and can easily review, annotate, give feedback, and even approve media—using free client review accounts.
They can even have a conversation with the team and other Client users the Playlist has been shared with.
Feedback from our partners are all reflected in Shotgun as Client Notes which also come through our inbox.
We can control visibility of Client notes via permissions too.
We can further manage our Client users via the Client User page in Shotgun.
Bids Versus Actuals
While Artists continue to work on their Tasks, producers will see time logged against each task from start to finish, so that they can compare bids versus actuals and keep an eye on the budget.
All the media submitted against an Asset and its Tasks are saved as versions, so we get a full history of everything that's been submitted and all the feedback around it—keeping our global team in sync and on track.
After all the media has been reviewed and approved on a Task, we mark the Task as Final. Then when all Tasks are completed on an Asset, we mark the asset as final and celebrate!
Out of the box, Shotgun is the most powerful and scalable way for producers to track tasks, for art leads to review work, for artists to get the feedback they need and go onto the next task, and for external partners to provide feedback securely, at ease.
Imagery Courtesy Of: CD Projekt Red: https://en.cdprojektred.com & Digic Pictures: https://www.digicpictures.com