Shotgun is a secure, powerful data management platform that enables studios to work faster, better, and more efficiently. Trusted by thousands of creatives worldwide, Shotgun is a central hub that unifies production management, the creative process, and pipelines.
Note: Prefer to watch a video series instead of written guide? If so, check out our Getting Started with Games Series here.
In this guide, Throughout the series, we’ll be prioritizing game-based work within a project based on the video game "The Witcher", and we’ll cover a few main areas:
- Games Demo Project Tour: we’ll start with a tour of demo projects shipped with Shotgun. Demo projects function as good reference when setting up our own projects.
- Starting a New Project: we’ll get started with a new Project and uncover best practices.
- Inviting our Team to Collaborate: we’ll invite our team to collaborate and set them up for success. We’ll also cover collaborating with external partners via the Client Review Site.
- Customizing Pages: we’ll customize Shotgun to keep our global team organized and aligned.
- Onboarding Outsource Vendors: we’ll onboard our Outsourcing Vendors and will learn how to manage their work.
- Simplify Our Review Cycle: throughout the tutorial, we’ll show our Artists and Reviewers how to use Shotgun Create to simplify their review cycle while Producers can keep an eye on bids versus actuals.
We recommend signing up for a 30 day free trial so that you can follow along and experiment. Sign up at www.shotgunsoftware.com/signup.
Note: You'll get unlimited users and usage during the 30 trial, so feel free to customize your trial site to your needs!
Lastly, we’d love to see you in our Shotgun community! Join discussions with our team and our clients at https://community.shotgunsoftware.com.
Imagery Courtesy Of: CD Projekt Red: https://en.cdprojektred.com & Digic Pictures: https://www.digicpictures.com