Release date: April 6, 2020
In this release we’ve focused on improvements to the importer.
Find the right fields for mapping even faster
In Shotgun 8.9 we boosted the mapping step of importing data with some smarts to recognize fields you’ve used in your project when importing previously, and to select them for you when no direct match has been found. New in Shotgun 8.11, we’ve added some capabilities to make this process even smoother.
A handy search box is now included in the dropdown to easily find some specifically named fields. Any descriptions you’ve added to your fields are searchable too!
In addition, any fields that have been created for use in other projects but have been hidden in the project you’re working in can be easily unhidden if you decide you now need them, without having to leave the importer, helping to make sure your data is consistent with other projects.
Update List and Status fields during import
A common situation that can arise when importing data to list fields is that you need to add a new value to the list that hadn’t been used before. Prior to Shotgun 8.11 the only way to do this would be to stop the import and go and configure the field before trying the import again. But now you can choose any values that are missing from the list directly and add them to the field’s configuration directly from the dropdown menu.
We’ve also added an option to status fields so you can configure them directly from the importer too.
- Clicking a link to a project (or double-clicking a project’s thumbnail) will now always direct to the leftmost page in the project’s navigation. [SG-14361]
184.108.40.20611 (Tue Apr 28, 2020)
- Rest API: Return fields may now be specified on entity update & entity batch update endpoints. [SG-15130]
220.127.116.1161 (Thu Apr 23, 2020)
- Fixed an issue where the “All Pages” menu would disappear after resizing it. [SG-2272]
18.104.22.16811 (Mon Apr 20, 2020)
Bug fixes & Improvements
- Added an option for each person in your Shotgun site to restrict the ability see the links to download media. [SG-16963]
- Fix for the broken Function Dialog when Switching between History/Burndown Mode in graph widget. [SG-15646]
22.214.171.12401 (Fri Apr 17, 2020)
- Fixed the issue with thumbnails based on queries that was introduced in 8.11. [SG-17107]
- Fixed the issue which prevented notes to be sent from the Review Notes app. [SG-17134]
126.96.36.19995 (Thu Apr 16, 2020)
- Fixed an issue that could occur during the map fields step of importing, when a custom field is hidden and the user doesn’t have permission to see the field. [SG-17125]
- Fix to prevent the apply task templates functionality to crash when no task templates available. [SG-16839]
- When creating new Notes via a form, the ‘Type’ field will now populate with the correct default value (if one has been set). [SG-13932]
188.8.131.5277 (Wed Apr 15, 2020)
Bug fixes & Improvements
- An option to show entity/multi-entity auto-complete on field focus is now available in the fields configuration pane. [SG-16779]
184.108.40.20633 (Thu Apr 9, 2020)
- Fix for a failed page load if navigating to the Overview page via a specific URL. [SG-16988]
- Fix for users with Action Menu Items disabled were not able to log in. [SG-16966]
- Fix to remove error when removing a Start Date or a Due Date from a Task dependency chain. [SG-16888]
- Added support for G Suite SAML applications, and other IdPs which do not allow the mapping of SAML Claims Attribute to a custom/hardcoded value. [SG-16842]
- Fix to make sure it is still possible to Split Tasks in the Gantt when the Thumbnail field is displayed. [SG-16631]
- Fix the Annotations from Review App result in black thumbnails due to attachment naming inconsistency. [SG-16140]