We are excited to release v1.3 of our integrations. This release includes support for Python 3.7 to tk-core, a new 3dsmax engine which switches to the pymxs API for the integration with 3ds Max, a new Send for Review workflow is now included into Maya and Photoshop integrations, as well as a number of improved features and bug fixes.
Support for Python 3.7
Toolkit core v0.19 allows it to be imported and used with Python 3.7. New APIs were introduced to help porting Toolkit applications to Python 3. They can be found at the
tk-core release notes page.
Here are current bundles with support for Python 3.7:
- tk-multi-about v0.3.0
- tk-multi-demo v1.2.0
- tk-multi-launchapp v0.11.1
- tk-3dsmax v1.1.1
- tk-shell v0.8.0
- tk-framework-qtwidgets v2.9.1
- tk-framework-shotgunutils v5.7.2
- tk-framework-widget v0.2.8
3ds Max engine
This new engine switches to the pymxs API for the integration with 3ds Max. This new engine supports 3ds Max 2017 and up.
A migration guide exists for clients that are using the
tk-3dsmaxplus engine and want to migrate to
tk-3dsmax. It can be found at the
tk-3dsmax engine's documentation page.
Send for Review
Send for Review introduces a new workflow between Maya/Photoshop and Shotgun Create. You can now send playblast or image as a draft to Shotgun Create, which put Create in version draft mode, where you can submit a review.
Within the Maya integration, you can find a new entry named Playblast to Create
Within the Photoshop integration you can find a new entry named Send for Review
- Official support for Houdini 18.0. [SG-15250]
- Publishes now show the entity display name instead of the entity name in Loader2 and Breakdown apps. [SG-15293]
- Added PySide2 support to tk-shell. [SG-9787]
- Fixed a regression introduced in the previous release of tk-desktop, where python processes would be left orphaned instead of being closed when leaving the project in Shotgun Desktop. [SG-15442]
- Fixed an error we were getting in the script editor after launching Maya 2020 on mac. It prevented Workfiles2 to auto launch on startup. [SG-15270]
- Fixed a bug in tk-framework-desktopserver, where a browser could reject the shotgunlocalhost.com certificate. [SG-14130]
- Fixed a bug where Shotgun Desktop wasn't logging a full error traceback if an error occurred when loading a project configuration, or when running an app. [SG-6422]