Where to download
Download Shotgun Create from your Shotgun site via the Apps menu.
Installing Shotgun Create (hosted sites)
After you have downloaded Shotgun Create from your Shotgun site via the Apps menu, launch the installer (admin access to the OS is needed for the installation process). Once Shotgun Create is installed, you'll find it in the Autodesk folder of your specific operating system's program folders and files.
Shotgun Create for local installs of Shotgun
If you run Shotgun as a local install, you can also download and install Shotgun Create locally, from your Shotgun Account Center site. Unzip the downloaded file to a folder where you want to run Create, then launch with the appropriate command:
Note the following prerequisites for installing Shotgun Create locally:
- On Windows machines: Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015
- On Linux machines: FreeType 2.6.0 (or later). To do so, run the following command as an administrator:
yum install freetype
Keeping up to date
The best way to keep up to date with the latest Shotgun Create is to enable automatic updates. When enabled, a quick restart of Shotgun Create is all you need to update. Similar to a browser update, we push new features and important fixes to you frequently, without disrupting your work or your link to Shotgun.
Automatic updates are disabled by default as we need your consent to update Shotgun Create. We highly encourage you enable automatic updates, as we’ll be releasing updates on a frequent basis and you wouldn’t want to miss out.
Admins can enable automatic updates via the Manage Apps menu.
If automatic updates are not enabled, you’ll see a notification when a new release is available with the option to download on demand.
Note: If you are behind a firewall, you'll need to grant access the following server locations, in order to update Shotgun Create:
How to uninstall
To uninstall Shotgun Create:
- On Mac: Applications → Utilities → Uninstall Shotgun Create
- On Windows: Add/Remove programs → Search for Shotgun Create
- On Linux: yum remove ShotgunCreate
A few other to-dos for Shotgun Admins
There are a couple housekeeping to-dos that your Shotgun Admin should review to ensure the best and smoothest Shotgun Create experience:
- Enable Automatic Updates to always get the latest releases.
- Enable and configure time logs if you use them in your workflow.
- Configure your custom Task statuses so they appear in Shotgun Create.
- Simplify the info shown to artists and reviewers.
- Set the Priority Order to be followed for tasks.
For all the details, check out the Shotgun Create for Admins guide.
Join the discussion at our Shotgun Create forum.