Release date: December 4, 2018
Shotgun 8.0 makes it easier to find the information you care about and work in both light and dark environments. Additionally, Shotgun Create, which will ultimately be a complete desktop experience for artists and reviewers, is now available as a beta.
For artists and others who work in a predominantly dark environment, Shotgun now has the ability to switch between a default (light) theme and a dark theme.
The button to switch themes is in the header, so you don’t have to dig through menus or preferences to go from dark to light (and back again).
Shotgun now has a more modern look, with some changes to improve clarity and consistency across the product and better promote the information you care about. We’ve made a conscious effort to keep things in the same place so it remains familiar, instead focusing on color, typography, and icons. We hope you like the changes, but please do give us your feedback about what you like (or don’t)!
The Shotgun Create beta is available for download via the Apps Menu. Shotgun Create will be a complete desktop experience for both artists and reviewers.
The initial release makes it easy to see exactly what tasks or reviews demand your attention while providing a collaborative environment to review media and exchange feedback. In the coming months, we’ll continue to improve the experience. Participating in the beta early and sharing your feedback on how we can make it even better is the best way to influence the direction of Shotgun Create to suit your needs.
- The “Manage Apps” page has been redesigned to include download buttons and make it clearer how to configure individual apps. [SG-8607] [SG-8603] [SG-9101]
- Deactivated apps are no longer displayed in the “Apps” menu. They will, however, still be displayed on the “Manage Apps” page. [SG-4657]
- The “View All Projects” page has been reverted to a standard Shotgun page that can be customized and filtered like other pages. [SG-8717]
- The “New Project…” dialog has been reverted from a multi-step form to a single-step one (the option to use the advanced project creation form has also been restored). [SG-8497]
- Projects can no longer be sent to the trash, but it’s still possible to archive them (projects can still be deleted via the API). [SG-3602] [SG-9357].
- Custom pages can now be removed from the project navigation. [SG-7923]
- Thumbnails on Tasks now by default display the “Latest Associated Version or Note” option. [SG-9051]
- The introduction screen that is shown to new users has been updated. [SG-8719]
- Fixed an issue where using advanced grouping with a date field set as “clustered” would cause an error. [SG-5780]
- Fixed an issue so notes added on the Client Review Site properly link to their associated Task. [SG-6137]
- Fix for misaligned status icons. [SG-6155]
- Fixed an issue with note fields getting deleted unexpectedly when editing them in a Firefox browser. [SG-6460]
- Fixed an issue in which graphs would show more decimal places than expected when summarizing a sum. [SG-8819]
- Fixed a situation in which it was not possible to “show source data” for some graphs. [SG-9073]
- Fixed an issue so only one small window opens when using Okta. [SG-8915]
188.8.131.52 (Thu Dec 6, 2018)
- Improvements to the Shotgun UI. [SG-9883]