Release date: June 26, 2018
Shotgun 7.10 offers new features to give you more flexibility in your workflow. New features include a new option for storing media, more functions for calculated fields, and updates to the REST API.
Sao Paulo, Brazil, is now an option for storing your media. This new location for uploaded files means faster downloads and page loads for South American studios.
You can use the following string functions:
- LEFT: Returns part of the string from the beginning of the specified string
- RIGHT: Returns part of the string from the end of the specified string
- MID: Returns part of the string, taken from a segment of the string
- LEN: Length of a string
These new functions can be used with CONCAT to do string manipulation, as seen in the example below:
Shotgun’s REST API now has more endpoints. This update just about brings the REST API into feature parity with Shotgun’s Python API. Read our updated documentation at http://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/rest-api.
- Calculated fields containing other calculated fields will now correctly identify the proper output format based on the data type of the incoming calculated field. [SG-6284]
- The Shotgun API can now group and summarize on calculated fields. [SG-6216]
- Fix for search matches on Filter types for Entities on the Fields page. [SG-6807]
- Shotgun now allows for quick filtering on a page of numbers greater than 2147483647. [SG-3908]
- Custom filtering on Duration fields will now accept an “empty” search criteria. [SG-3564]
- It is now possible to create a query field on a “Connection Entity” that returns a single record. [SG-2271]
- Markdown now correctly renders on text fields on detail pages, in the “Info” tab. [SG-5735]
- Labels on bars of bar graphs involving negative values are now displayed in a more aesthetically pleasing way. [SG-6833]
- Graphs now show fields that have been left blank as having a “blank” value. [SG-6829]
- Totals labels in stacked graphs now display without overlapping scroll bars. Additionally, totals labels are no longer shown when stacked graphs are set to the “100%” option. [SG-5439]
- Updated translations in the Shotgun web app. [SG-5397], [SG-5396], [SG-5395], [SG-4166]
126.96.36.199 (Mon July 30, 2018)
- Fix to Shotgun’s internal analytics. [SG-7707]
188.8.131.52 (Wed July 25, 2018)
- [SG-7132] Made a general improvement to how entity names are inflected to provide greater uniformity with respect to the availability of REST API endpoints when using singular vs. plural in camelCase or snake_case form. Prior to this fix, non-standard entity name endpoints were not correctly inflected.
- [SG-2313] We now raise an error when a user tries to set a duplicate Tag name (including upper and lower case clashes).
- [SG-7174] Added a standard index to speed up queries that could benefit from tighter entity_type scoping. Benefits should be most apparent on pages of Event Logs and the My Tasks view when filtering with projects.
- [SG-7681] [SG-7643] Fixed a problem in which editing fields on more than three rows of data at the same time (in a grid view) failed to properly populate the selected fields.
- [SG-7657] Implemented an index to accelerate lookups of published files by the entity they are linked to.
- [SG-7484] Fixed a situation in which the graph filters would reset when graph options were changed.
- [SG-7153] Fixed a bug that was causing redundant Event Logs to appear when notes were deleted.
- [SG-7507] Fixed an issue with note attachment thumbnailing that was preventing the image attachments from being automatically turned into thumbnails and rendered in the line into the body of notes. This bug only impacted attachments uploaded via the REST API.
184.108.40.206 (Tues July 10, 2018)
- Fixed a bug that prohibited graphing a linked entity with a number as a name. [SG-7224]
- Fix to show details on RV Desktop Media Player and Shotgun Desktop apps under the “Manage App” page. [SG-2423]
- Improved page navigation performance for sites with hundreds of projects. [SG-7367]
- Fixed a potentially slow migration for local install clients. [SG-7358]