Release date: May 15, 2018
Shotgun 7.9 comes new features for tracking and scheduling, calculated fields, Production Insights, and the REST API.
Tracking and scheduling
You can now provide meaningful descriptions of how your fields are used in the context of your pipeline, by adding a custom tooltip. You can use this to provide descriptions for your custom entities.
Write a description for any field you add to a page. Your description will then appear as a tooltip on the page.
Calculated fields now offers formula validation, which highlights errors to help you create and edit your formulas.
You’ll also see an orange warning if there’s a potential inconsistency in your selected output format.
Additionally, you can now see the type of each field in the “Available Fields” section.
Finally, you can now hover over the column header of a calculated field to see the formula.
Graphs can now be sorted by Status Order or Pipeline Step Order, making it easier to see your statuses or steps in context.
Shotgun’s new REST API is now available to anyone who wants to use it. With the REST API you can access Shotgun from any programming language, allowing integration from almost any type of environment. Read our documentation at https://developer.shotgunsoftware.com/rest-api/.
- Any users created via the Shotgun API or a .csv import now receive a welcome email. [SG-4090]
- All emails sent from the Client Review Site now appear as a conversation thread in Outlook, instead of as separate messages. [SG-4093]
- Fix to make sure that if a user doesn’t have the permission to ‘Edit default and project work schedules’ set, they can only edit custom work schedules, rather than global edits which would affect everybody. [SG-5435]
- Fix to enable changing the default Pipeline Step short codes between upper and lower case as required. [SG-4224]
- Fix to ensure notes without a subject in the Open Notes Column do not export via the exporter. [SG-3501]
- Fix for pivot column field on Tickets and CustomThreaded entities that showed a blank screen when trying to edit them. [SG-3385]
- Fix to disable importing and duplicating Pipeline Steps. [SG-2218]
126.96.36.199 (Thu June 14, 2018)
- Fix for not being able to reset a Users Password on Firefox ESR. [SG-7086]
188.8.131.52 (Tue June 12, 2018)
- Fix to prevent Welcome Emails being sent to Client Users upon creation. [SG-6744]
184.108.40.206 (Wed May 30, 2018)
- Fixed a bug that was causing the renaming of project navigation tabs for custom entities to interfere with the rendering of page names in the All Pages menu. [SG-6599]
- Graphing currencies now will show the currency symbol in appropriate places, such as the axis, and totals. [SG-2790]
- “Totals” labels in stacked graphs now display without overlapping scroll bars. Additionally, “totals” labels are no longer shown when stacked graphs are set to the “100%” option. [SG-5439]
- Fix for an error that occurred when importing records or publishing from the Review Notes App. [SG-6751]
- Fix for unescaped apostrophe in Playlist names in the Overlay Player header. [SG-6305]
- Retiring a record now also retires the connection entity, so there is no longer a discrepancy between a grid page’s record count and a filter’s record count. [SG-6331]
- Improved performance of Shotgun sites displaying in languages other than English. [SG-6445]
- A regression introduced in tk-core v0.18.129 that broke publishing in Mari has been fixed. [SG-4838]
220.127.116.11 (Thu May 24, 2018)
18.104.22.168 (Fri May 18, 2018)
- Fixed an issue where the Task Upstream and Downstream dependency fields became uneditable. [SG-6652]
22.214.171.124 (Tue May 15, 2018)
- Fix for Welcome Emails being erroneously sent to users when fields on the HumanUser entity were being updated via the API. [SG-6631]