RV 7 Release Notes
- IMPORTANT: Effective from RVSDI 7.3.0, RVSDI with AJA devices requires the 14.2 driver. Additionally, it will also require updating the firmware on your AJA device to the firmware associated with your 14.2 driver. Please see to install the AJA 14.2 driver and firmware.
- IMPORTANT Effective from our next major release i.e. 7.2.x, support for Nvidia SDI will be removed.
- IMPORTANT Effective from RV 7.2.2 PortAudio support on Windows10 is removed.
- To use RV/RVSDI on OSX 10.12 (Sierra), RV/RVSDI 7.1.1 or later is required. If a version of RV prior to 7.1.1 was run on OSX 10.12, it is likely that your RV preferences now contain invalid values. We suggest resetting your preferences with '-resetPrefs' when you run an OSX 10.12 supported version of RV for the first time on OSX 10.12.
- These notes list all changes since RV 4.2.4. Complete release notes from the RV 4 release series are also available; please see this page.
- Please report bugs or other issues via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Version 7.3.2 (RELEASE - May 21, 2019)
Performance improvement when playing back from cached media
Resolved issue where RV was no longer generating crash logs on Linux
Resolved issue browsing and loading media with a name containing special characters
Version 7.3.1 (RELEASE - 26th February 2019)
Upgraded to OpenEXR 2.3
Implemented high quality filtering for large images when scaled down
Shotgun ScreenRoom and Shotgun Review now support Direct Upload to s3 when enabled in Shotgun
Resolved issue with RV licensed through Shotgun not prompting for renewal when tokens expire
Resolved issue causing multiple login windows to appear
Resolved Shotgun login issue when URL contains '/' at the end
Resolved crash with imagesAtPixel or sourceAtPixel commands
Resolved issue when filename contains large numbers
Resolved issue when filename contains special characters on Windows
Resolved Windows 10 file association issue
Resolved issue where RV_SHOTGUN_DEFAULT_LOGIN wasn’t respected
Resolved issue with key-up events being triggered when in annotation text entry mode
Version 7.3.0 (RELEASE - 4th December 2018)
Support for TLS 1.2
Support for AJA SDK 188.8.131.52. This enables support for IO 4k Plus. (see Note Above)
Support for MP3 and Vorbis audio decoders
Rendering - Use Open GL Pixel Buffer Objects preference is now enabled by default
Screening Room for RV is now the default Shotgun integration package.
Resolved Import Cut error trying to write read only "image_source_entity" field with Shotgun 7.12+ site
Resolved GL Corruption when Look LUT and GLSL node are combined
Resolved bad GLSL evaluation when LUT and Annotation enabled
Resolved rendering issue using OCIO file transform with a stack layout in replace mode
Resolved issue when sometimes audio would be reported shorter then it is
Improved inaccurate playback frame rate reporting
Version 7.2.6 (RELEASE - 9th October 2018)
Resolved audio stuttering issue caused by console event logging inefficiency
Resolved issue viewing source image with non-square pixel aspect ratio
Resolved stereo issue that prevents viewing both eyes side-by-side with MultiChannel EXR
Resolved Pixel Inspector precision issue when viewing source with flipped coordinates
Resolved corruption issue loading some palette based PNG
Resolved playback performance issue with some MultiPart EXR files
Resolved misleading console error output with AJA SDI auto-circulate
Version 7.2.5 (RELEASE - 7th August 2018)
Resolved an issue with AJA stereo modes that would make eyes lose synchronization
Resolved an issue in Screening Room that made it feel disconnected from RV when update frequency was set to Never when your clicks were fast
Resolved overlay performance issue with multiple font sizes
- Resolved a playback performance issue that slowed down your EXRs when you have a slate with a different view than the rest of the source
- RVSDI: Added missing 1080@25Hz timing for AJA adapters
Version 7.2.4 (RELEASE - 26th June 2018)
Resolved Session Manager swapping views when image component is selected outside Session Manager
Resolved crash when selecting a layer which doesn’t exist in the first frame
Resolved an issue preventing non-square pixel aspect ratio sources from being forced into displaying as square pixels
Version 7.2.3 (RELEASE - 25th April 2018)
Resolved Screening Room NGINX errors out when attempting to load Screening Room.
Version 7.2.2 (RELEASE - 9th April 2018)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.2 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution.
RVSDI BlackMagic Declink: Added 4K UHD HFR formats choices i.e. 50,59.94 and 60fps.
Changed movieproc 'syncflash' behavior so that the first sync flash frame does not occur on the start frame.
Add support for NTLM SSO authentication
Resolved issue of slow playback speed for padded 12bit DPX files on certain nvidia cards e.g. K6000.
Resolved incorrect overlay frame number on annotation from SR for RV.
Replace use of 'numpy' in EXR data window display package; resolves possible 'package not found' error.
Resolved console warning message about an AJA device "null string".
Preserve source group names when reading session files.
Silence unsupported timecode frame rate console errors messages.
Resolved crash associated with the reading of indexed PNG files.
Resolved cropped quads issue for AJA SDI when AJA control panel default display mode differs from RV AJA SDI preference display mode.
Resolved missing file open command with network sync.
Resolved issue with the source-setup plugins.
Resolved presentation mode wipe wrong handles issue.
Resolved Next/Prev marked frame or range skipping items
Resolved uncrop rvio export issue
Resolved issue with slate image having different format than the rest of the EXR sequence.
Resolved issue with embedded ICC profile clamping colors
- Resolved important playback performance issue with large cache
Version 7.2.1 (RELEASE - 19 Sept 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.0 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v184.108.40.206 Feb 2017 (bug fix) release.
- Added ChapterInfo to SourceMediaInfo. This allows per source chapter metadata for navigation from Mu and Python.
- RVSDI AJA preferences: Added new optional flag "-a" ("--level-a") that will enable Level A timing for formats that allow it.
- Added the ability for custom packages to initialize the SG Review toolkit engine with "external-sgtk-initialize" or from the RV command line with "-sendEvent sgtk-initialize".
- Resolves deadlock/hanging with stereo autoload enabled. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Ensure python is built with ucs4 encoding on linux. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Addressed mu related memory leak with the 'image info' tool enabled.
- Addressed memory leak when Rendering preference "Use OpenGL Pixel Buffer Objects" is enabled. (This was a regression between version 6.2.x/7.0.x and 7.1.x/7.2.0)
- Resolve issue where custom node LinearToAlexaLogC was clamping legal negative pixel values.
- Resolve RVSDI failing to launch on Windows machines without vs2010 redistributables dll libs installed.
- We now respect "-outparam vcc:color_range" in writing for both metadata and color conversion where codec allows.
- Properly restrict Color -> Range menu to sources in view.
- Resolved audio playback issue in "merge" glsl nodes (as used by stereo disassembly).
- Resolved crash creating RVImageSources.
- Resolved crash loading certain session files with large often layered media.
- Revert "Default Screening Room UI refresh to the 'Never' option". (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Resolved Screening Room issue where annotation from previous Compare view was not cleared.
- Resolved SG Review issues with URLS that were upper-case, or contained a trailing slash.
- Ensured SG Review now respects Version's per-media-type pixel aspect ratio field.
- SG Review now falls back to full media frame range rather than 1-100 when Version has empty first/last frame fields.
- Resolved issue where SG Review loaded media for the entire cut when only the mini-cut was viewed.
- Resolved RVSDI HDMI out issue with AJA T-tap devices.
- Resolved RVSDI AJA issue related to loss of audio when toggling presentation on and off.
- Resolved RVSDI BlackMagic frame sync offset between left/right eyes for stereo formats.
- Resolved a crash that resulted from wiping Views instead of Sources. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
Version 7.2.0 (RELEASE - 31 May 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.0 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SDI functionality for all RV users: Features that were previously reserved for RV-SDI licenses are now enabled for all users. RVSOLO licenses will now enable the use of these features.
- Streaming playback in Shotgun: You can now stream video from Shotgun without the need to have the media locally on your machine. Includes updates to Shotgun Review to support streaming too.
- Single-Sign On (SSO) for Shotgun RV: Users authenticating their RV license through Shotgun can now do it through SSO. Note this feature is only available to clients with "Super Awesome Support".
- RVSDI AJA SDK updated to v12.5: The AJA SDK has been updated to v12.5.1 on OSX and Windows; and v220.127.116.11 on Linux.
- ICC Display profile support: This is supported on OSX and Windows. You can elect to enable ICC nodes by setting RV_IGNORE_ICC_PROFILE to 0. Please note enabling this option may cause your session files to generate error messages when read back in older RV versions.
- Added a new rv python command called 'releaseAllUnusedImages' that frees memory allocated to unused images.
- Updated all RV builds to use Qt 4.8.7 (from Qt 4.8.5)
- Updated RV Linux and Windows builds to use Python v2.7.11 (from Python 2.7.3).
- Updated RV Windows build to use VS2013 (VC12) compiler (from VS2010).
- Updated RV's "About" window to display more detailed software build and dependent package information.
- Added the audio preference "Fast Loopback+PreRoll Audio" for OSX and Windows.
- Default audio preferences for linux have been changed to reflect settings ideal for playback performance.
- Resolved cases where audio buffering occurred unnecessarily.
- Resolved mispositioning of image with EXR format choice Data-In-Display Window for certain data and display window configurations. This was a regression from RV version 6.x.x/7.0.x.
- Resolved issue with using RV wipes, annotation, pixel inspector tools with EXR images where the data window did not equal the display window.
- Resolved issue with using EXR data/display window drawing package with EXR images where the data window did not equal the display window.
- Under OSX, fixed the issue where entering fullscreen mode causes drag-and-drop to stop working.
- Added support for nclx color parameter type in COLR atom.
- Resolved AJA SDI playback issue with HFR (>30Hz) formats on Windows.
- Resolved a memory leak associated with python to mu event conversion.
- For RV annotation, ensure the eraser erases for all cases.
Version 7.1.2 (RELEASE - 15 Mar 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.2 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.1.2 we no longer support OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. Also, as of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.2 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Added new audio preference "Device Latency" to allow for the correction of measured playback AV sync delays.
- Added new audio preference "PreRoll Audio on Device Open" that improves the consistency of AV playback on various linux machines and audio devices. NB: This preference is only available for Platform Audio on Linux.
- Added support for TTF font and origin placement. This allows for simpler positioning of text annotations and overlays.
- RV mode/package load times are now displayed.
- Do not show CDL values unless the CDL is active.
- Improved handling of seek failures for certain movie formats like avi.
- Improved RVIO default codec selection (for writing).
- Fix potential instability when writing png files.
- Addressed a potential cause of thread instability under Windows10.
- Resolved mispositioning of image with EXR format choice Data-In-Display Window. This was a regression from RV version 6.x.x/7.0.x.
- Resolved crash loading session files with %v/%V in paths. This was a regression from RV version 6.2.6.
- Ensure caching of correct frame in non-interframe movies.
Version 7.1.1 (RELEASE - 6 Dec 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.1 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.1.1 we no longer support OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. Also, as of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.1 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v5.3 Oct 2016 release. This resolves an error opening certain arri files.
- Updated RV/RVSDI for OSX to Qt v4.8.7 (patched) to support OSX 10.12 (Sierra).
- RVSDI: Stereo formats for BlackMagic DecLink/UltraStudio devices are now supported.
- Enabled OpenSSL in FFMpeg for https streaming support.
- Restore support that allows URLs to be opened like streaming movie links. This was a regression between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0.
- Address audio artifact issues in some of the codecs like AAC under rare conditions.
- Allow view/layer selection when Preferences->Formats->OpenEXR->"Read as RGBA" option is selected.
- Handle the case where a DPX header has a zero or corrupt pixel aspect ratio by defaulting to one.
- Generalize the handling of 1-channel per track multi-channel audio to other
formats besides ProRes e.g. MXF.
- Added checks in mio_ffmpeg movie reader to protect against crashes triggered by mismatched frame resolutions within single movie file.
- Handle RV_PATHSWAP_<VAR> values with or without trailing slash.
- Scrubbed rv docs for spelling errors and typos.
- Resolved channel mapping regression between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0.
Version 7.1.0 (RELEASE - 4 Oct 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.0 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.0 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- MultiChannel Audio support Details here.
- RVSDI AJA Kona/Blackmagic Declink: Added audio options for 5.1 (AJA only), 7.1, 7.1 (SDDS) and 16 channel.
- RVSDI Blackmagic Declink SDK updated to v10.7.
- Added stereo display option Luminance Anaglyph for non-color anaglyphs.
- FFMpeg updated to v2.8.7.
- Boost libs updated to v1.56.
- LibRAW updated to v0.18.0. (supports Canon 5DS/R, 80D and 1DXMKII raw images).
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v5.3 March 2016 release.
- Red R3DSDK: Updated to SDK v6.2.1 Aug 2016 release. Added support for Red chromaticities and RedLogFilm. Changed default decode pixel type to PixelType_HalfFloat_RGB_ACES_Int.
- New exr format preference Read Window is Display Window. This option treats the read window as the display window size instead of using the exr display attr window values.
- Added -flag debug_export to preserve temp files on export to help users troubleshoot export issues.
- Improve HUD information output for audio only sources.
- Added per-source command line args for file CDL -fcdl and look CDL -lcdl
- Support drag and drop of CDL files.
- OCIO package: Added independent OCIO controls for displays.
- Added the ACES Color Chart version to movieproc (acescolorchart).
- Added command line option -loopMode for specifying playback loop mode.
- Allow Platform Audio buffer/period time values to be user definable for performance tuning or to address audio buffer underuns issues with certain desktop audio devices (Linux only). Details here
- Updated rv commands eventToImageSpace and imageToEventSpace so that image space orientation follows RV’s internal IP image orientation of bottom-left always and is decoupled from the orientation of the source image format. Please note this will result in a change in behavior of these calls for certain image formats whose orientation is not normally stored in the bottom-left orientation e.g. exr which is typically top-left.
- Movieproc sources newly created from the session manager are correctly named and no longer cause other views to be renamed.
- RVSDI AJA Kona: Remove unsupported "8 bit internal" choices.
- RVSDI AJA Kona/Blackmagic DecLink: Remove unsupported 1556p choices.
- Added the appropriate colorspace attributes to "SRGB Color Chart" and "Color Bars".
- Match annotation brush widths for all brushes during sync annotations.
- Allow RVLS to clump list files with unknown extensions.
- Preserve stereo settings for export from RV.
- Handle case where scattered frames are "piled up" at begining of sequence.
- Removed unintentional lag in AAC encoded audio tracks.
- Resolved incompatiblity with writing "faststart" libx264 files.
- Changed default color of syncflash.movieproc to white.
- Lat Long node properties are now synced.
- Added support for timecode EXR meta data.
- Allow session_manager and annotate windows to pass unused events to main session window.
- Handle reading of video media with poorly reported movie pixel aspect ratios.
- Resolved opacity control for annotate erase brushes.
- Empty sequences now properly play when dragging in new inputs from the session manager.
- RVDisplayIPNode property adoptedNeural can now be turned on/off and defaults to 1 i.e on.
- Improved compatibility with tablet/stylus inputs.
- Resolved a crash that occurs when rvpush commands are repeatedly executed over a period of time.
- Resolved a crash on Windows when opening the preference window while video is caching.
Version 7.0.1 (RELEASE - 13 Sept 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.0.1 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.0.1 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SG Review: Added field editing support to the Right Notes & Related Versions Pane, so you can make changes to Version info from within RV.
- Import Cut app: EDLs without a * character on their event notes are now supported to help handle files exported from editorial applications that do not follow this convention.
- SG Review fixes:
- Cross-platform path resolution via RV_OS_PATH mapping not respecting certain links from the Media App. Details here.
- Removed reporting of certain INFO messages generated by Toolkit as a Plugin that cluttered up the RV console.
- XML errors when loading certain annotations in Screening Room for RV.
- When using rvlink with % followed by 2 numbers, the link is misinterpreted when encoded and decoded.
- Import Cut app fixes:
- EDLs with extraneous SUB and NUL characters at the end of the file were causing errors. These characters are now ignored.
- We improved the copy that is displayed when a user drags in an EDL with timecode at a different frame rate than what is configured in the app’s settings to try and make it clearer that it can be adjusted easily.
- The "Search [Entity]" text on the search bar was misaligned. It looks better now.
- Update Windows installer to create RVSDI desktop shortcut.
- RVSDI audio now supports scrubbing.
- Resolved an error reading Arri anamorphic images.
- Allow rv to encodeURL/bakeURL command lines with frame padding % syntax e.g. foo.%04d.exr.
- Some links from Screening Room panel to annotation images would fail to load into web browser.
- The annotation panel now remembers its docking location.
- Prevent license error in the Export Cuts package while exporting.
- Correct regression in video playback performance at 24fps on 48Hz vsync displays.
Version 7.0.0 (RELEASE - 31 Jul 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.0.0 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.0.0 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- RV 7 comes with support for Shotgun’s SG Review toolset introduced in Shotgun 7 (details here). In addition to supporting the versioning of editorial data and the playback of media in editorial context, this toolset replaces previous RV/Shotgun integration work and has these advantages:
- All GUI code is distributed in source with RV (instead of being served remotely) for easy modification.
- It’s written in Python, not Mu.
- We’re using Shotgun Toolkit standards and code so that future versions will support user-written Toolkit "Apps" (some details here).
- A given RV Session can mix nodes and sources managed by Shotgun with others that are not without confusing the integration.
- Similar to
RV_OS_PATHenvironment variables can simplify the management of media paths on multiple platforms. See this page for details.
- Added support for xdg as an rvlink protocol handler on linux (for Chrome).
- On Blackmagic DecLink cards, presentation mode could crash when displaying 10bit YUV.
- A Qt bug could cause the RV preferences to be corrupted or reset during heavy use when the prefs are stored on a network filesystem.
- In "Play All Frames" mode (-playMode=1), audio/video sync errors could become excessively large.
Version 6.2.8 (RELEASE - 12 Jul 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.8 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 6.2.8 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added new command line option -sendEvent to send external events to RV.
- Improvements to audio/video sync.
- New package that adds a menu item under the Image menu called Collapse Image Sequence. This package provides a way to collapse a loaded frame sequence to the frames present on disk by pruning the missing frames with an RVRetime node..
- No longer use merge stack operation with Topmost mode by default.
- Correctly update the path to open from the fileOpenDialog (in either details view) when clicking in a column other than "name".
- Fixed crash reading session files with unknown media
- Allow use of " and \ characters in password strings during authentication.
- Platform Audio: Fix audio corruption playback issues with multiple RVs under centos7/rhel7.
- Platform Audio: Silence pcm_dmix console message.
- Fix incorrect pixel inspector source pixel values when reading .r3d files.
- Range submenu of the per source Color menu now works when multiple sources are in view.
- Update RV title bar when a replacing source media.
- Fix crash case with -eval.
- Fix memory leak for rv python commands that return PyDict.
- Improved sources filter in command commands.imagesAtPixel.
- Improved parsing of CC type CDL files when using RVCDL nodes.
- Hiding the YAML namespace for users with different YAML versions.
Version 6.2.7 (RELEASE - 2 March 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.7 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 6.2.7 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Network HTTP Proxy Support Details here.
- Two-Factor Authentication for Shotgun integration and authentication.
- AJA Kona RV-SDI: support for the 1920x1080p 23.98fps mode.
- Support for media files with the ".mpg" extension.
- ARRI SDK: Update to SDKv5.1 release Oct2015 (fixes Alexa65 issues).
- Color menu options let you manually select Color Range options.
- OpenEXR: handle incomplete scanline, deepscanline, deeptiled EXR files similarly to incomplete tiled images.
- For TIFF images with more that 4 unlabeled channels, treat first 4 channels as RGBA.
- Support for synchronizing matte settings during RV remote sync.
- By default, the Shotgun authentication will prefer HTTPS connections; setting the RV_SHOTGUN_AUTH_NO_HTTPS environment variable will now ensure that HTTPS is not used unless specifically requested.
- Shotgun integration: after painting on a "Compare" view and then Comparing new Versions, the previous paint could be "left over".
- Shotgun licensing dialog: Return and Enter keys will now trigger the "Continue/OK" button.
- HDMI 1.4a "frame packed" stereo output mode was broken.
- Default settings in LibRAW caused luminance to flicker in some DNG image sequence.
- For some sequences with "gaps", the images for the frames that did exist could be "piled up" at the beginning of the sequence.
- Recent linux NVIDA drivers could cause the device "display name" in RV to be just a number.
- RVPUSH "set" command was flipping the sign on negative per-shot parameters.
- Better support for DNxHD movies with COLR atom.
- OpenEXR bug that could cause thread deadlock when reading/writing EXR files.
- If a previously-selected output audio device becomes unavailable, fall back gracefully to the default device.
- Shotgun integration: fall back to using file pixel aspect metadata if unspecified.
- Use current stereo mode (anaglyph, side-by-side, etc) when exporting a media from RV.
- In some cases, the stereo offset setting in one input of a Stack could affect the others.
- RVSDI: Loading a new session when Presentation Mode was active could cause RVSDI to hang.
- Traversing a directory with image files that could not form a sequence sometimes caused a crash.
- Drag-and-dropped folders containing more than one frame sequence were not handled properly on Windows.
- The width of some annotation brush types did not sync during remote sync.
- When viewing a Stack, the ImageInfo HUD widget displayed info for the bottom element, instead of the top.
- The preferred presentation device was not found when the monitor name contained a "/".
Version 6.2.6 (RELEASE - 21 October 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.6 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 6.2.5 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The optional Stereo Disassembly RV Package now supports full-frame packed stereo sources.
- Support for Truelight "cub" LUT file format.
- As of RV 6.2.4, intended default activation of Screening Room RV Package was not working.
- Optional Scrub Offset RV Package fixed to work with RV6 Session structure.
- Optionally restore previous (as of RV4) default behavior for movies containing ICC profiles.
- Coordinates returned by imageGeometry() command were incorrect for the controller device when Presentation Mode was active.
Version 6.2.5 (RELEASE - 6 October 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.5 uses Python 2.7. As of this release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 6.2.5 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- PyOpenGL Version 3.1.0 distributed with RV on all platforms.
- RV Windows Installer Please Note: The installer will modify the registry to install an RVPUSH-based handler for rvlink URLs so please don’t use the installer if you’re managing those registry entries by hand and want to continue to do so.
- OCIO Source Setup package can now make use of external python modules, so that the package can be used without modification in more situations. Please see the Package documentation for details.
- OpenImageIO upgraded to v1.5.18 (especially for improved PSD file support on linux/windows).
- Option on the Annotation menu to use the same color for all brushes (saved as a Preference).
- Work-around for playback hiccups caused by system-level virtual memory management stalls (especially on linux).
- Additional movieproc options (see user manual).
- Nvidia SDI: allow "no color conversion" case for YUV modes.
- About RV dialog shows build OS details, and 3rd-party package versions: Python, Boost, PySide, PyOpenGL, FFmpeg, Arri SDK, RED SDK.
- Shotgun integration: Sequence and Element URLs can be dropped on the RV view, if Versions are linked to those entities.
- RV Shotgun authentication: default server URL and login can be specified with environment variables.
- Convenience functions in Python rv.qtutils module provide PySide objects wrapping RV’s main UI elements; see example in the user manual.
- RVIO: last scanline of output was black in cases where input EXR data window was larger than display window, and only the disply window was read.
- In some stereo presentation modes, a cache management bug would cause the size of the cache to appear to shrink.
- Due to a Qt bug, the Platform Audio module did not list the pulse device on newer linux distributions such as CentOS 7, Ubuntu 14, and Fedora 20.
- Filtering by file type was broken in Open dialog and related API commands.
- RV will now restrict "frame number detection" to strings of digits in the filename of 9 characters or less.
- More improvements for unicode file IO.
- Re-worked some preferences code to try to prevent reported "preferences unexpectedly reset" problem on linux.
- Values for "uncrop" width/height of RVImageSources were not restored from session files.
- Values for "size" and "autoSize" properties of Stack/Merge/Combine instance nodes were not restored from session files.
- Supplied channnel names were not set on FrameBuffers created by RVImageSources.
- ERROR message when using "http" (instead of "https") Shotgun URL for authentication changed to INFO message.
- The MuSymbol constructor now loads the module containing the requested symbol if it is not loaded already.
- Float FPS and framesPerSecond metadata in EXR files was not respected.
- RVSDI: with latest SDK, AJA device output was improperly limited to broadcast range.
Version 6.2.4 (RELEASE - 4 August 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.4 uses Python 2.7; if you require Python 2.6, please use RV 6.0.4, which is identical except for Python version.
- PySide Python Modules distributed for all platforms (OSX, Linux, Window). This is PySide version 1.2.2. An optional "PySide Example" package can be loaded via the Packages preferences tab for users looking to use PySide.
- Improved unicode/internationalization support on Windows.
- AJA SDK updated to version 12.2.1 on all platforms.
- Blackmagic SDK updated to version 10.4.1 on all platforms.
- SDI SDK versions are now reported in the Video preferences tab.
- Video/SDI SDK version and additional info (e.g. recommended driver version) displayed in Video preferences.
- Added --simple-routing option support for Kona devices.
- Improved rendering of annotation strokes with "sharp turns".
- Default colorspace conversion when encoding v210 media is now REC601.
- Platform Audio: Fixed frame drop warning when playback resumes on Linux.
- rv/rvio: Removed maximum limit on number of command line arguments.
- During remote sync using presentation mode, the remote pointer no longer moves in opposite vertical direction on certain presentation devices.
- Fixed layer/channel selection on multipart exrs files which have the same view for all parts.
- Fixed reading RLE encoded PSD files on Windows.
- Fixed crash when using packed fluid layout with one source.
- Fixed SDI Kona playback output modes for "12bit 3G RGB" and "8bit 3G RGB".
- Work-around for "mixed fps" DPX files from Mistika.
Version 6.2.3 (RELEASE - 23 Jun 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.3 uses Python 2.7; if you require Python 2.6, please use RV 6.0.3, which is identical except for Python version.
- SMPTE VC-3 Codec (DNxHD) enabled for mio_ffmpeg.
- PySide Python Modules Distributed for linux only, these modules should be considered alpha, for testing purposes only.
- Support 12-bit DPX files with unpadded scanlines.
- RVLS now accepts one or more Session Files as input. In that case, it will report information about the media referenced by the Session File.
- RVLS has a -o command line option to specify an output file.
- Environment variable TWK_SERVER_PORT_FALLBACK_COUNT can be set to determine the number of ports RV will try when looking for an open port to listen on for a network connection. The default is to try 10 ports.
- RVCDL node with node.file property will automatically update CDL values from files of type CCC, CC, or CDL.
- Increase Timeline Magnifier render performance when there are many marked frames.
- RV could crash after saving a Display Profile containing a LUT
- Exporting a movie or frame sequence when using a Display LUT could cause a crash.
- Adding additional nodes to a PipelineGroup containing a LUT could cause the LUT to have no effect.
- Screening Room: Media with timecode could confuse the sequence setup so that frame numbers did not match sequence frame numbers.
- Screening Room: Sometimes the correct (current) Version would not highlight in the Screening Room panel.
- Screening Room: The main view "step left/right" hotkeys were broken when the Screening Room browser was visible.
- RVLensWarp node: the "center" parameter for the OpenCV distortion model was not used correctly.
- Complicated PipelineGroup contents, especially PipelineGroups within PipelineGroups, could cause a crash.
- The -strict command-line flag would cause RV to exit if it could not acquire an rvsolo license. Now it correctly enters the unlicensed state in that case.
- Two AJA Kona video modes ("10 Bit YCrCb 4:2:2" and "Stereo Dual 10 Bit YCrCb 4:2:2") could not be stored as preferences.
- A sequence of EXRs wherin all the files did not have the same set of layers could cause a crash.
- Remote sync could fail on string properties with "/" characters in their values.
- Some Python headers were missing from the distribution.
- Multi-byte unicode filenames would prevent mov and avi files from loading.
- Mattes now render below text and rectangle overlay objects defined in the same RVOverlay node.
- Geometric resize combined with bit-depth reduction of 16-bit planar images could cause a crash.
- Custom PipelineGroup contents that include both OCIO nodes and a user-defined custom node could cause a crash.
- True location of Python site-packages directory was not being added to system path.
- The disted pyconfig.h included macros specific to the internal build system.
- In sessions with many paint/annotation strokes, adding new strokes could get very slow.
- RVSDI: improved output frame rate calculation and display.
Version 6.2.2 (RELEASE - 5 May 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.2 uses Python 2.7; if you require Python 2.6, please use RV 6.0.2, which is identical except for Python version.
- Use of OpenColorIO could cause a crash (all platforms).
Version 6.2.1 (RELEASE - 29 April 2015)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 6.2.1 uses Python 2.7; if you require Python 2.6, please use RV 6.0.1, which is identical except for Python version.
- Licensing RV Via Shotgun Use your Shotgun username and password to get full RV functionality. Some answers to expected questions:
- The current licensing style is always configurable via the License Manager item on the File menu.
- The RV (and RV-SDI) version 6.0 executables support both licensing systems (standard Tweak licensing and licensing via Shotgun).
- RV-SDI can be licensed via Shotgun only at sites using "Super Awesome" support.
- There’s no requirement that a given site use only one style of licensing.
- RV licensed via Shotgun is functionally identical to RV licensed the usual way.
- A user can switch from Tweak-standard to via-Shotgun licensing and back (the choice is stored as a preference).
- At a facility where standard Tweak RV licensing is set up and working, there will be no change when the user runs RV6 (they will be able to try out via-Shotgun licensing by selecting a menu item if they wish).
- Licensing RV via Shotgun does not produce any requirement to use Shotgun for other purposes. For example, users may license RV via Shotgun, but not use Screening Room.
- A user who authenticates RV via Shotgun username/passwd once, and then runs RV at least once a week, will not have to authenticate again. (The original authentication will be refreshed on each run, assuming that the Shotgun server is accessible, and the username/passwd is still valid).
- Similarly, an RV user who authenticates via Shotgun will be able to use RV "offline" (when the Shotgun server is unavailable) for 30 days, starting from the most recent "online" use.
- Media Export with no RVIO License Using RVIO to export media from RV will be allowed as long as RV is licensed (with any licensing scheme). Usage of RVIO "on the farm" (IE unassociated with any local RV process) will still require a standard Tweak license.
- RVX Functionality in RV The functionality previously available only in the RVX executable will now be available in RV (we will no longer distribute RVX). This includes the use of unsigned custom GLSL shader nodes.
- Experimental Stereo Disassembly RVPackage to support "disassembly" of top-and-bottom or side-by-side "squeezed" stereo media. (Details in Packages preferences.)
- Experimental LatLong Viewer RVPackage allows the addition of a LatLong Viewer node for viewing un-warped lat-long (spherically-mapped) media. Shader courtesy The Mill! (Details in Packages preferences.)
- Per-frame meta-data display from RED R3D movie files.
- RVSDI: additional supported Kona4/IO4K video modes (UHD 60Hz, etc).
- RED R3D SDK updated to version 5.3b2 (Jan 2015).
- The Color Channel Select package can display luminance via the l hotkey.
- An option on the File/Export menu to export an "RVIO-Ready" Session file, with the current display copied into the "Output" transform that RVIO will use.
- Improved support for multi-byte encodings in filenames, etc.
- Quicktime Timecode/ReelName metadata can now be read and written.
- ARRI Raw SDK updated to version 5.0 (4.6 on Linux because ARRI does not distribute libs compatible with our CentOS 5 target. Please let us know if you need a 5.0 build for linux.)
- IOARI_ARGS environment variable can set the ARRI Raw decode color space with --colorspace (details here)
- Quicktime reader supports movies with ICC profile in COLR atom.
- RVOverlay node supports softer stereo window drawing (details here).
- RVIO supports ARRI LogC target with -outlogc command-line flag (you can specify LogC EI parameter with -outlogcEI).
- FFMpeg updated to version 2.6.1.
- Limited MXF containers support.
- Additional movieproc type "syncflash" for testing audio/video sync.
- Custom LUT Package: Added autoload support to source LUT/CDL slots.
- Sources Details: display files-space CDL settings.
- When viewing a user-defined merge node, zooming the view would appear to affect only one of the merge inputs.
- If the underlying Audo system supplies a device called "default" selecting it in RV’s preference would not "stick".
- A Layout view in tiled ("packed') mode containing media with different aspect ratios sometimes did not "frame" correctly.
- Several problems associated with audio range and offset; in particular a global offset could conflict with a source-level offset causing missing audio.
- OpenEXR: DWA compression bug (https://github.com/openexr/openexr/issues/156).
- On the Python Event class, the methods relativePointer and timeStamp did not work.
- Some quicktimes written by Nuke would not show the first frame when displayed in RV.
- For quicktime timecode calculations, use frame rate from timecode track, rather than video track.
- Combining a multi-frame leader with an image overlay could cause RVIO to crash.
- Opening the preferences dialog could cause the OpenEXR decoder thread count to be reset to 1.
- Occasional crashes when reading Session Files containing complicated PipelineGroups.
- Insufficient precision in ASCII session files could cause drift in FPS values.
- In some cases an RV3-version session file containing annotation paint strokes was not loaded into RV4 correctly.
- The Annotation mode was consuming some events (like "frame-changed"), and interfering with other modes (like Screening Room).
- Creation of new Display Profiles was broken.
- Session Manager "New Node by Type" drop-down automatically populated.
- Crash when clearing session during rendering.