RV 7 Release Notes
- IMPORTANT: Effective from RVSDI 7.3.0, RVSDI with AJA devices requires the 14.2 driver. Additionally, it will also require updating the firmware on your AJA device to the firmware associated with your 14.2 driver. Please see to install the AJA 14.2 driver and firmware.
- IMPORTANT: Effective from RV 7.5.0 RV and RVSDI have been merged into one executable named RV. If you're using RV 7.5.0 or later, you don't need to download a separate executable for RVSDI.
- IMPORTANT Effective from our next major release i.e. 7.2.x, support for Nvidia SDI will be removed.
- IMPORTANT Effective from RV 7.2.2 PortAudio support on Windows10 is removed.
- To use RV/RVSDI on OSX 10.12 (Sierra), RV/RVSDI 7.1.1 or later is required. If a version of RV prior to 7.1.1 was run on OSX 10.12, it is likely that your RV preferences now contain invalid values. We suggest resetting your preferences with '-resetPrefs' when you run an OSX 10.12 supported version of RV for the first time on OSX 10.12.
- These notes list all changes since RV 4.2.4. Complete release notes from the RV 4 release series are also available; please see this page.
- Please report bugs or other issues at https://support.shotgunsoftware.com
SDI Supported SDK Versions
|RV Version||AJA SDK Version||BlackMagic SDK Version|
7.9.1 7.9.0 7.8.8
|v12.5.1 on OSX and Windows; and v220.127.116.11 on Linux.||10.7|
Version 7.9.2 (RELEASE - January 26, 2021)
- Fixed an issue where using “commands.setSourceMedia” API or the “File / Replace Source Media...” menu option, the media was replaced in the Player but the timeline positioner reset itself at frame 19. In previous releases, the clip would be replace properly and the timeline positioner would stay on the “current” frame.
- Resolved issue when Clone Synced was done twice, it wasn’t re-opening in the same session.
- Resolved loading media issue when using Clone Synced RV with two 2 medias in the same source node.
- Application won’t freeze anymore when drag-and-dropping media as Layer over existing source inside Player.
- Fixed an issue where API call addSourceVerbose() froze RV if more than 1 element was added to its array.
- Resolved an issue where RV could not load an image file sequence along with an audio clip through command-line.
- Resolved issue with rvpush where command arguments were misinterpreted.
- Resolved issue where RV Pipeline Group Nodes of the same type were not deterministically ordered.
Version 7.9.1 (RELEASE - November 9, 2020)
- Bug fixes related to source loading and playing sources via Python API.
- RV Remote Networking now starts when connected to a proxy.
- RV will now stay on the current frame when swapping source media in timeline.
- No more corruption in RV player when loading several clips on timeline that contains SPS and PPS NALs only at beginning of the stream.
- Details pane will now show the proper information when working with multiple RV sessions.
- Fixed the issue where PNG codec was not supported on Windows when playblasting from Maya.
- Fixed the issue where RV was taking a long time to start (5+ minutes)RV’s Shotgun
- Python console is now automatically loaded in the “Tools” menu.
- Added environment variable to disable RV crash dumps: RV_CRASH_DMP_DISABLE
Version 7.9.0 (RELEASE - September 8, 2020)
- Added support for leaf to leaf notifications of Annotation or Color modification in RV Sync.
- The ‘Import Cut Tool’ is now available from the Shotgun menu as long as the new Shotgun Toolkit package is loaded (default). Which means the SG Review package no longer needs to be enabled to import cuts in RV.
- The ‘Shotgun Python Console’ is now available by default under the RV/Tools menu.
- Added hotkeys for annotations undo/redo
- Improved audio caching providing a better RV Screening Room experience
- Source-group-complete event now occurs before first render
- Fixed crashes when source tiling with progressive load on large images
- No more Shotgun fields errors when using custom configs due to recently added mt_Movie_frameRate field
- Source-group-complete event no longer appears twice with progressive loading
- RV no longer crashes when loading OCIO Displays on source setup
- Fixed an issue with ProRes loading that was causing some RV crashes
- Fixed the issue when launching SG Review, if pipeline step isn’t selected, all versions will only play the first frame instead of all of them
- Now supporting H264 4:2:0 in RV - loading such clips was causing crashes before
- Removed misleading warnings caused by a rounding error: ‘WARNING: Using non-standard frame rate’
- Removed File/Options empty menu
- Now respecting dark mode in RV Preferences/AddPackages browser on mac
Version 7.8.0 (RELEASE - June 23, 2020)
- Improved loading performance of large playlists.
- Added new API functions to deal with deferred source loading, see documentation here.
- RV Sync Improvement: Added leaf to leaf synchronization for most commonly used operations.
- RV Screening Room shows high resolution uploaded still image when loading a still image version.
- Shotgun Screening Room and Shotgun Integration now provide additional composite operation options for comparisons.
- New MSI installer for RV is available. Parameter INSTALLDIR can be used to change the default location of the installation.
- When several clients are connected on the same primary session, the connection between clients no longer times out and gets out of sync.
- Command ‘rvls -x’ no longer fails to report image info with some media.
- Annotation tools can now be re-accessed if panel is closed using the “x” button.
- Details panel now opens without reloading connection with Alt + d.
- Url login no longer fails when there are spaces at the end.
- RV no longer crashes when RVLensWarp property isn’t set.
- RV no longer crashes on exit after accessing the Mu Command API Browser (Mac and Linux).
- RV Networking no longer crashes when mouse movements occur when switching between sources.
Version 7.7.1 (RELEASE - April 30, 2020)
- New option to disable showing remote users’ cursor in RV Network Sync
- Resolved mio_ffmpeg compile errors
- Resolved RV Network Sync issue with Screening Room when first frame is different from frame 1
- Resolved misleading error report when a remote user leaves a review sync session
- Resolved issue where RV Icon takes over other icons on Windows
- Resolved issue where reply from note in RV Screening Room will duplicate the attachment from previous notes
- Resolved issue where .pdf files were wrongly associated with RV on Windows
Version 7.7.0 (RELEASE - March 12, 2020)
- Support for AJA Kona5 (4K firmware) and SDK 15.5.1
- Support for Blackmagic Design SDK 11.5
- Support for AV1 decoding
- A new "acquire" Video Option and TWK_AJA_ACQUIRE environment variable were added to allow Linux users to override this new AJA default behaviour.
- Better support of 4K DCI resolutions with the BMD DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K (RGB and YUV)
- Improved cache performance with movie formats
- Invoking the details pane before enabling browser no longer breaks the details pane
- Source tiling mode no longer shows black line between tiles with specific resolutions
- RV is no longer acquiring the AJA card by default on Linux, which resolves the poor playback performance issue on Linux
- OCIO memory corruption causing a crash
Version 7.6.1 (RELEASE - February 13, 2020)
- Source tiling support can now be enabled in RV by setting the environment variable RV_SOURCE_TILING=1. Source tiling allows better support of very large resolution still frames. Enabling this mode will allow for pixel accuracy on any image resolution without applying any filtering if inspected at 1:1 zoom ratio.
- RV 7.6.1 is now signed on both Windows and Mac OS. It is also notarized on Mac OS.
- Network security dialog popping-up when trying to open several RV Screening Room sessions from Shotgun.
- Submit Tool failing when trying to submit a second file sequence in the same RV session.
- RV crashes at startup on Windows when RV_PREFS_OVERRIDE_PATH is set.
- RV crashes when loading EXRs with DWA compression using "Memory Map" I/O method from the format preference menu.
- RV Screening Room launch from a playlist no longer navigates you to that playlist once in RV.
- RV playback stutters intermittently caused by mu garbage memory collector taking longer than expected.
- RVIO export only applies requested codec parameters to left eye of a stereo clip.
- RV Screening Room error when swapping shotgun media.
- Issue where RV is always loading file in nested folders.
Version 7.6.0 (RELEASE - December 12, 2019)
We’re excited to announce another important update for RV! We’ve been hard at work since the release of 7.5 on a few key updates that have been in demand for a while.
In this update you will find support for Apple ProRes and DNxHR for media playback—both frequent requests among all of you. We’re happy to make this available starting today.
In this release we have also been heavily focused on performance. We have been partnering with clients to do a deep dive on our media playback. Thanks to this great collaboration between our clients and our development team, we’ve been able to identify some bottlenecks in our playback engine and have removed these. We think you’ll see better performance in the following areas:
- Improved performance over SDI output and presentation mode
- Improved performance of the cache
- Improved defaults and handling of EXR files
- Improved playback of mixed formats in a timeline
- Cannot open media files anymore via file association on MacOs
- Rendering artifacts when using RVFormat
- Require Shotgun authentication more than once per day
- SG Review not loading Details/Notes for specific versions
- Clips with special characters are not displaying in file browser
- Playback performance issue with Blackmagic DeckLink 8K Pro in RGB 10 bits output format
- Specific TIFF file incorrectly load on Windows
- RV crash when useThreadedUpload3=true preference is in the RV prefs
- UI freeze when enabling Presentation mode on Linux
- File Sequences with special characters are not detected properly
- Clicking a symbol link in Mu command browser launches OS dialog
- Screening Room for RV update issue in OSX 10.14 and OSX 10.15
- Submit panel is not displaying the Status options properly in Screen Room for RV.
- Cannot re-access Annotation tools if panel was closed using the "x" button
- Annotation poor performance and jittered results when using stylus
- Cache halts when media files is missing
- Performance issue when presentation mode is enabled
- Crash when updating a menu while a menu action is still in-progress. This is most readily apparent in attempting to open a file while asynchronous packages add menus
Version 7.5.1 (RELEASE - October 10, 2019)
- Resolved issue with Wacom tablet not working properly on Linux
- Resolved issue where Screening Room becomes disconnected after switching clips while RV is playing
- Resolved issue in Import Cut with View in Timeline option not working
- Resolved issue where Info Overlay shortcut was not working on Screening Room from RV
- Resolved issue where RV can’t find libpng15 dependency on Linux
- Resolved API mismatch where qtutils.sessionGLView() wasn’t returning a QOpenGLWidget
Version 7.5.0 (RELEASE - Sept 25, 2019)
RV 7.5 is updated to Qt 5.12 libraries to align with the VFX Reference Platform standard. Every aspect of RV has been affected by this port. Custom packages may need to be ported to Qt 5.12 and PySide2 in order to work with this release.
- RV is now aligned with VFX Reference Platform CY2019 standards
- PySide 2 support
- RV and RVSDI are now in the same executable
- Documentation is now available on https://support.shotgunsoftware.com/hc/en-us/categories/202726418
- Documentation is no longer bundled with RV
Important: RV no longer supports CentOS 6.
Important: RV no longer supports NVidia 3DVision because NVidia has stop supporting it: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4781
SG-13082: Fix for annotations that failed to upload if the number of annotations was greater than 6.
- The QtDeclarative module has been deprecated in Qt5 and is therefore no longer available in RV starting with 7.5, even on macOS: https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtquick-porting-qt5.html
Below is an excerpt from the Qt5 documentation:
“In Qt 5, all QML applications are rendered with an OpenGL scenegraph architecture rather than the Graphics View framework used in Qt 4. Due to the scale of this architectural change, the C++ API has been extensively restructured and the QtDeclarative module has been deprecated in favor of two new modules: Qt QML, which implements the QML engine and language infrastructure, and Qt Quick, which implements the visual canvas and scenegraph backend.”
- For the Shotgun On-Prem and RV Screening Room workflow: in order to update to RV 7.5.0, Shotgun On-Prem must be updated to 18.104.22.168 or later.
Version 7.3.4 (RELEASE - September 9, 2019)
- Resolved RV is slow to start on Single Sign-On (SSO) enabled sites.
- Resolved crash on Windows 10 when loading media with long numbers in filenames (more than 10 digits).
Version 7.3.3 (RELEASE - July 9, 2019)
Changed Automatic Threads setting from the Formats/OpenEXR for a better default value
Add Support for pillow-boxing in rvio matte overlay
- Resolved issue where RV’s Drag/Drop did not maintain the resolved incoming-source-path result.
- Resolved single sign-on (SSO) issue with new version of Okta
- Resolved rvpkg issue which was not a console app anymore
- Resolved Stereo Playback Buffering Stutter Problem on Long Sequences
- Resolved issue preventing files larger than the 32-bit size boundry (roughly 4GB) from being accessible through sequence commands
Version 7.3.2 (RELEASE - May 21, 2019)
Performance improvement when playing back from cached media
Resolved issue where RV was no longer generating crash logs on Linux
Resolved issue browsing and loading media with a name containing special characters
Version 7.3.1 (RELEASE - 26th February 2019)
Upgraded to OpenEXR 2.3
Implemented high quality filtering for large images when scaled down
Shotgun ScreenRoom and Shotgun Review now support Direct Upload to s3 when enabled in Shotgun
Resolved issue with RV licensed through Shotgun not prompting for renewal when tokens expire
Resolved issue causing multiple login windows to appear
Resolved Shotgun login issue when URL contains '/' at the end
Resolved crash with imagesAtPixel or sourceAtPixel commands
Resolved issue when filename contains large numbers
Resolved issue when filename contains special characters on Windows
Resolved Windows 10 file association issue
Resolved issue where RV_SHOTGUN_DEFAULT_LOGIN wasn’t respected
Resolved issue with key-up events being triggered when in annotation text entry mode
Version 7.3.0 (RELEASE - 4th December 2018)
Support for TLS 1.2
Support for AJA SDK 22.214.171.124. This enables support for IO 4k Plus. (see Note Above)
Support for MP3 and Vorbis audio decoders
Rendering - Use Open GL Pixel Buffer Objects preference is now enabled by default
Screening Room for RV is now the default Shotgun integration package.
Resolved Import Cut error trying to write read only "image_source_entity" field with Shotgun 7.12+ site
Resolved GL Corruption when Look LUT and GLSL node are combined
Resolved bad GLSL evaluation when LUT and Annotation enabled
Resolved rendering issue using OCIO file transform with a stack layout in replace mode
Resolved issue when sometimes audio would be reported shorter then it is
Improved inaccurate playback frame rate reporting
Version 7.2.6 (RELEASE - 9th October 2018)
Resolved audio stuttering issue caused by console event logging inefficiency
Resolved issue viewing source image with non-square pixel aspect ratio
Resolved stereo issue that prevents viewing both eyes side-by-side with MultiChannel EXR
Resolved Pixel Inspector precision issue when viewing source with flipped coordinates
Resolved corruption issue loading some palette based PNG
Resolved playback performance issue with some MultiPart EXR files
Resolved misleading console error output with AJA SDI auto-circulate
Version 7.2.5 (RELEASE - 7th August 2018)
Resolved an issue with AJA stereo modes that would make eyes lose synchronization
Resolved an issue in Screening Room that made it feel disconnected from RV when update frequency was set to Never when your clicks were fast
Resolved overlay performance issue with multiple font sizes
- Resolved a playback performance issue that slowed down your EXRs when you have a slate with a different view than the rest of the source
- RVSDI: Added missing 1080@25Hz timing for AJA adapters
Version 7.2.4 (RELEASE - 26th June 2018)
Resolved Session Manager swapping views when image component is selected outside Session Manager
Resolved crash when selecting a layer which doesn’t exist in the first frame
Resolved an issue preventing non-square pixel aspect ratio sources from being forced into displaying as square pixels
Version 7.2.3 (RELEASE - 25th April 2018)
Resolved Screening Room NGINX errors out when attempting to load Screening Room.
Version 7.2.2 (RELEASE - 9th April 2018)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.2 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution.
RVSDI BlackMagic Declink: Added 4K UHD HFR formats choices i.e. 50,59.94 and 60fps.
Changed movieproc 'syncflash' behavior so that the first sync flash frame does not occur on the start frame.
Add support for NTLM SSO authentication
Resolved issue of slow playback speed for padded 12bit DPX files on certain nvidia cards e.g. K6000.
Resolved incorrect overlay frame number on annotation from SR for RV.
Replace use of 'numpy' in EXR data window display package; resolves possible 'package not found' error.
Resolved console warning message about an AJA device "null string".
Preserve source group names when reading session files.
Silence unsupported timecode frame rate console errors messages.
Resolved crash associated with the reading of indexed PNG files.
Resolved cropped quads issue for AJA SDI when AJA control panel default display mode differs from RV AJA SDI preference display mode.
Resolved missing file open command with network sync.
Resolved issue with the source-setup plugins.
Resolved presentation mode wipe wrong handles issue.
Resolved Next/Prev marked frame or range skipping items
Resolved uncrop rvio export issue
Resolved issue with slate image having different format than the rest of the EXR sequence.
Resolved issue with embedded ICC profile clamping colors
- Resolved important playback performance issue with large cache
Version 7.2.1 (RELEASE - 19 Sept 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.0 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v126.96.36.199 Feb 2017 (bug fix) release.
- Added ChapterInfo to SourceMediaInfo. This allows per source chapter metadata for navigation from Mu and Python.
- RVSDI AJA preferences: Added new optional flag "-a" ("--level-a") that will enable Level A timing for formats that allow it.
- Added the ability for custom packages to initialize the SG Review toolkit engine with "external-sgtk-initialize" or from the RV command line with "-sendEvent sgtk-initialize".
- Resolves deadlock/hanging with stereo autoload enabled. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Ensure python is built with ucs4 encoding on linux. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Addressed mu related memory leak with the 'image info' tool enabled.
- Addressed memory leak when Rendering preference "Use OpenGL Pixel Buffer Objects" is enabled. (This was a regression between version 6.2.x/7.0.x and 7.1.x/7.2.0)
- Resolve issue where custom node LinearToAlexaLogC was clamping legal negative pixel values.
- Resolve RVSDI failing to launch on Windows machines without vs2010 redistributables dll libs installed.
- We now respect "-outparam vcc:color_range" in writing for both metadata and color conversion where codec allows.
- Properly restrict Color -> Range menu to sources in view.
- Resolved audio playback issue in "merge" glsl nodes (as used by stereo disassembly).
- Resolved crash creating RVImageSources.
- Resolved crash loading certain session files with large often layered media.
- Revert "Default Screening Room UI refresh to the 'Never' option". (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
- Resolved Screening Room issue where annotation from previous Compare view was not cleared.
- Resolved SG Review issues with URLS that were upper-case, or contained a trailing slash.
- Ensured SG Review now respects Version's per-media-type pixel aspect ratio field.
- SG Review now falls back to full media frame range rather than 1-100 when Version has empty first/last frame fields.
- Resolved issue where SG Review loaded media for the entire cut when only the mini-cut was viewed.
- Resolved RVSDI HDMI out issue with AJA T-tap devices.
- Resolved RVSDI AJA issue related to loss of audio when toggling presentation on and off.
- Resolved RVSDI BlackMagic frame sync offset between left/right eyes for stereo formats.
- Resolved a crash that resulted from wiping Views instead of Sources. (This was a regression in 7.2.0)
Version 7.2.0 (RELEASE - 31 May 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.2.0 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.2.0 support for Nvidia SDI has been removed and we no longer support python2.6, centos5, OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- SDI functionality for all RV users: Features that were previously reserved for RV-SDI licenses are now enabled for all users. RVSOLO licenses will now enable the use of these features.
- Streaming playback in Shotgun: You can now stream video from Shotgun without the need to have the media locally on your machine. Includes updates to Shotgun Review to support streaming too.
- Single-Sign On (SSO) for Shotgun RV: Users authenticating their RV license through Shotgun can now do it through SSO. Note this feature is only available to clients with "Super Awesome Support".
- RVSDI AJA SDK updated to v12.5: The AJA SDK has been updated to v12.5.1 on OSX and Windows; and v188.8.131.52 on Linux.
- ICC Display profile support: This is supported on OSX and Windows. You can elect to enable ICC nodes by setting RV_IGNORE_ICC_PROFILE to 0. Please note enabling this option may cause your session files to generate error messages when read back in older RV versions.
- Added a new rv python command called 'releaseAllUnusedImages' that frees memory allocated to unused images.
- Updated all RV builds to use Qt 4.8.7 (from Qt 4.8.5)
- Updated RV Linux and Windows builds to use Python v2.7.11 (from Python 2.7.3).
- Updated RV Windows build to use VS2013 (VC12) compiler (from VS2010).
- Updated RV's "About" window to display more detailed software build and dependent package information.
- Added the audio preference "Fast Loopback+PreRoll Audio" for OSX and Windows.
- Default audio preferences for linux have been changed to reflect settings ideal for playback performance.
- Resolved cases where audio buffering occurred unnecessarily.
- Resolved mispositioning of image with EXR format choice Data-In-Display Window for certain data and display window configurations. This was a regression from RV version 6.x.x/7.0.x.
- Resolved issue with using RV wipes, annotation, pixel inspector tools with EXR images where the data window did not equal the display window.
- Resolved issue with using EXR data/display window drawing package with EXR images where the data window did not equal the display window.
- Under OSX, fixed the issue where entering fullscreen mode causes drag-and-drop to stop working.
- Added support for nclx color parameter type in COLR atom.
- Resolved AJA SDI playback issue with HFR (>30Hz) formats on Windows.
- Resolved a memory leak associated with python to mu event conversion.
- For RV annotation, ensure the eraser erases for all cases.
Version 7.1.2 (RELEASE - 15 Mar 2017)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.2 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.1.2 we no longer support OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. Also, as of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.2 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Added new audio preference "Device Latency" to allow for the correction of measured playback AV sync delays.
- Added new audio preference "PreRoll Audio on Device Open" that improves the consistency of AV playback on various linux machines and audio devices. NB: This preference is only available for Platform Audio on Linux.
- Added support for TTF font and origin placement. This allows for simpler positioning of text annotations and overlays.
- RV mode/package load times are now displayed.
- Do not show CDL values unless the CDL is active.
- Improved handling of seek failures for certain movie formats like avi.
- Improved RVIO default codec selection (for writing).
- Fix potential instability when writing png files.
- Addressed a potential cause of thread instability under Windows10.
- Resolved mispositioning of image with EXR format choice Data-In-Display Window. This was a regression from RV version 6.x.x/7.0.x.
- Resolved crash loading session files with %v/%V in paths. This was a regression from RV version 6.2.6.
- Ensure caching of correct frame in non-interframe movies.
Version 7.1.1 (RELEASE - 6 Dec 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.1 uses Python 2.7. As of 7.1.1 we no longer support OSX 10.7 and 10.8 as part of the standard distribution. Also, as of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.1 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6, CentOS5, OSX 10.7 or OSX 10.8 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v5.3 Oct 2016 release. This resolves an error opening certain arri files.
- Updated RV/RVSDI for OSX to Qt v4.8.7 (patched) to support OSX 10.12 (Sierra).
- RVSDI: Stereo formats for BlackMagic DecLink/UltraStudio devices are now supported.
- Enabled OpenSSL in FFMpeg for https streaming support.
- Restore support that allows URLs to be opened like streaming movie links. This was a regression between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0.
- Address audio artifact issues in some of the codecs like AAC under rare conditions.
- Allow view/layer selection when Preferences->Formats->OpenEXR->"Read as RGBA" option is selected.
- Handle the case where a DPX header has a zero or corrupt pixel aspect ratio by defaulting to one.
- Generalize the handling of 1-channel per track multi-channel audio to other
formats besides ProRes e.g. MXF.
- Added checks in mio_ffmpeg movie reader to protect against crashes triggered by mismatched frame resolutions within single movie file.
- Handle RV_PATHSWAP_<VAR> values with or without trailing slash.
- Scrubbed rv docs for spelling errors and typos.
- Resolved channel mapping regression between 7.0.1 and 7.1.0.
Version 7.1.0 (RELEASE - 4 Oct 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.1.0 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.1.0 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MultiChannel Audio support Details here.
- RVSDI AJA Kona/Blackmagic Declink: Added audio options for 5.1 (AJA only), 7.1, 7.1 (SDDS) and 16 channel.
- RVSDI Blackmagic Declink SDK updated to v10.7.
- Added stereo display option Luminance Anaglyph for non-color anaglyphs.
- FFMpeg updated to v2.8.7.
- Boost libs updated to v1.56.
- LibRAW updated to v0.18.0. (supports Canon 5DS/R, 80D and 1DXMKII raw images).
- ARRI SDK: Updated to SDK v5.3 March 2016 release.
- Red R3DSDK: Updated to SDK v6.2.1 Aug 2016 release. Added support for Red chromaticities and RedLogFilm. Changed default decode pixel type to PixelType_HalfFloat_RGB_ACES_Int.
- New exr format preference Read Window is Display Window. This option treats the read window as the display window size instead of using the exr display attr window values.
- Added -flag debug_export to preserve temp files on export to help users troubleshoot export issues.
- Improve HUD information output for audio only sources.
- Added per-source command line args for file CDL -fcdl and look CDL -lcdl
- Support drag and drop of CDL files.
- OCIO package: Added independent OCIO controls for displays.
- Added the ACES Color Chart version to movieproc (acescolorchart).
- Added command line option -loopMode for specifying playback loop mode.
- Allow Platform Audio buffer/period time values to be user definable for performance tuning or to address audio buffer underuns issues with certain desktop audio devices (Linux only). Details here
- Updated rv commands eventToImageSpace and imageToEventSpace so that image space orientation follows RV’s internal IP image orientation of bottom-left always and is decoupled from the orientation of the source image format. Please note this will result in a change in behavior of these calls for certain image formats whose orientation is not normally stored in the bottom-left orientation e.g. exr which is typically top-left.
- Movieproc sources newly created from the session manager are correctly named and no longer cause other views to be renamed.
- RVSDI AJA Kona: Remove unsupported "8 bit internal" choices.
- RVSDI AJA Kona/Blackmagic DecLink: Remove unsupported 1556p choices.
- Added the appropriate colorspace attributes to "SRGB Color Chart" and "Color Bars".
- Match annotation brush widths for all brushes during sync annotations.
- Allow RVLS to clump list files with unknown extensions.
- Preserve stereo settings for export from RV.
- Handle case where scattered frames are "piled up" at begining of sequence.
- Removed unintentional lag in AAC encoded audio tracks.
- Resolved incompatiblity with writing "faststart" libx264 files.
- Changed default color of syncflash.movieproc to white.
- Lat Long node properties are now synced.
- Added support for timecode EXR meta data.
- Allow session_manager and annotate windows to pass unused events to main session window.
- Handle reading of video media with poorly reported movie pixel aspect ratios.
- Resolved opacity control for annotate erase brushes.
- Empty sequences now properly play when dragging in new inputs from the session manager.
- RVDisplayIPNode property adoptedNeural can now be turned on/off and defaults to 1 i.e on.
- Improved compatibility with tablet/stylus inputs.
- Resolved a crash that occurs when rvpush commands are repeatedly executed over a period of time.
- Resolved a crash on Windows when opening the preference window while video is caching.
Version 7.0.1 (RELEASE - 13 Sept 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.0.1 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.0.1 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- SG Review: Added field editing support to the Right Notes & Related Versions Pane, so you can make changes to Version info from within RV.
- Import Cut app: EDLs without a * character on their event notes are now supported to help handle files exported from editorial applications that do not follow this convention.
- SG Review fixes:
- Cross-platform path resolution via RV_OS_PATH mapping not respecting certain links from the Media App. Details here.
- Removed reporting of certain INFO messages generated by Toolkit as a Plugin that cluttered up the RV console.
- XML errors when loading certain annotations in Screening Room for RV.
- When using rvlink with % followed by 2 numbers, the link is misinterpreted when encoded and decoded.
- Import Cut app fixes:
- EDLs with extraneous SUB and NUL characters at the end of the file were causing errors. These characters are now ignored.
- We improved the copy that is displayed when a user drags in an EDL with timecode at a different frame rate than what is configured in the app’s settings to try and make it clearer that it can be adjusted easily.
- The "Search [Entity]" text on the search bar was misaligned. It looks better now.
- Update Windows installer to create RVSDI desktop shortcut.
- RVSDI audio now supports scrubbing.
- Resolved an error reading Arri anamorphic images.
- Allow rv to encodeURL/bakeURL command lines with frame padding % syntax e.g. foo.%04d.exr.
- Some links from Screening Room panel to annotation images would fail to load into web browser.
- The annotation panel now remembers its docking location.
- Prevent license error in the Export Cuts package while exporting.
- Correct regression in video playback performance at 24fps on 48Hz vsync displays.
Version 7.0.0 (RELEASE - 31 Jul 2016)
PLEASE NOTE: RV 7.0.0 uses Python 2.7. As of the 6.2.5 release, we no longer support Python 2.6 as part of the standard distribution. Similarly the 7.0.0 Linux build is targeted at CentOS6. If you really need Python 2.6 or CentOS5 support, please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- RV 7 comes with support for Shotgun’s SG Review toolset introduced in Shotgun 7 (details here). In addition to supporting the versioning of editorial data and the playback of media in editorial context, this toolset replaces previous RV/Shotgun integration work and has these advantages:
- All GUI code is distributed in source with RV (instead of being served remotely) for easy modification.
- It’s written in Python, not Mu.
- We’re using Shotgun Toolkit standards and code so that future versions will support user-written Toolkit "Apps" (some details here).
- A given RV Session can mix nodes and sources managed by Shotgun with others that are not without confusing the integration.
- Similar to
RV_OS_PATHenvironment variables can simplify the management of media paths on multiple platforms. See this page for details.
- Added support for xdg as an rvlink protocol handler on linux (for Chrome).
- On Blackmagic DecLink cards, presentation mode could crash when displaying 10bit YUV.
- A Qt bug could cause the RV preferences to be corrupted or reset during heavy use when the prefs are stored on a network filesystem.
- In "Play All Frames" mode (-playMode=1), audio/video sync errors could become excessively large.