Shotgun Desktop Release Notes
These are the release notes for the Shotgun Desktop. Whenever we release a new version, we enter a description of what we have changed here.
Welcome to the release notes for Shotgun Desktop Installer. Below you will find an overview of all the changes we did for each release. We try to be as detailed as possible and include all bugs we have fixed, features we have added and things that may have changed. If you have questions about a particular release, don't hesitate to contact our support team.
If you want to install the Shotgun Desktop, head over to the setup documentation:
This release introduces support for Shotgun Integrations.
Click here to learn more about Shotgun Integrations.
- Enable OpenSSL support in PySide on Windows platforms (Windows only feature, already supported on other platforms)
- Updated to v1.3.39 of the desktop startup framework
- Log location and session cache compatibility with core v0.18
- Clean up whitespace in login prompt
- Do not pre-fill host in login prompt
(Windows only change) - Update the bundled version of win32api
- For #35431, Toolkit bootrap code ignores errors
- Upgraded to v1.3.30 of the desktop startup framework. This fixes an issue where error occurring during bootstrap would not be reported to the user and a cryptic error message would appear in its place.
- Able to specify app store specific proxy
(Windows only change) - Fix for win32api module for a bug introduced with the conversion to 64-bit Python
- Support for SGTK_DESKTOP_STARTUP_LOCATION to control where the startup code is run from
- Fix for login screen flickering when Cmd-Q was used to quit the app on OSX while the dialog was up
- Updates to the file browser for local file linking to make network shares accessible
(OSX only change) - Fix for running Desktop on OSX on a case sensitive filesystem
- Include v1.3.17 of the startup framework
- Updated builds of Qt and PySide to fix QStyle issues with retina support
- Fall back to bootstrap.py on all platforms if bootstrap.pyc does not exist
- Incorporate latest fixes for the websocket server
- Fix for running Toolkit through a proxy
- Fix for MAX_PATH issue on Windows
- Support for TK_SITE_CONFIG_ROOT to test out site configuration changes
- Made the startup more fault tolerant of the websocket server failing to start up
- Bundled tk-framework-desktopserver and Desktop now runs the websocket server on startup
- Updated to v126.96.36.199 of tk-framework-desktopstartup
- Support for site configurations that have no project linked (removed the dependency on the Template Project)
- Python on Windows is now 64-bit
- PySide is now 1.2.2
- Qt is 4.8.7
- Bundles core v0.16.8 and tk-framework-desktopstartup v1.2.1
Support for login based authentication and upgradable startup logic
- Support for login based authentication
- Startup logic run from its own framework
- Errors during authentication will result in a logout to prevent getting stuck in an error condition
- App will restart if core is updated to prevent compatibility errors
- Fix for mimetypes error on Windows when invalid registry keys are present
- Updated login framework to use KDE KWallet correctly if available
- Updated login framework to allow login if secret password cannot be stored (just reprompt)
- Fix for systems where the default encoding is not valid for the Shotgun API
- Do not remove the distributed .py files from the Resources
- Fix for invalid path in the Python bin directory's qt.conf
Fix for running incompatible sgtk and PySide from PYTHONPATH
- This release fixes the issue with studios who had PYTHONPATH already set with an sgtk install or a PySide install.
- This is the initial public release of the desktop app