What is Design Mode and where do I find it?
Design mode gives you access to advanced configuration options on any Page. It will allow you to do things like:
- Rename the Page
- Tag and organize the Page in a folder
- Set permissions for who can see the Page
- Add new tabs to the Page
- Design the layout and configure widgets for Canvas Pages
- Renaming the Page
- Duplicating the Page (Save as)
- Managing the Page Filters and Filter Panel
- Managing the layout and formatting
The Page configuration tab gives you access to global settings for the Page:
1) Page Name, Project, Tags, and Folder
- Page Name: Sets the Page title, which appears at the top of the Page and is searchable in the QuickFilter.
- Project: Displays a Project name for Project Pages. A Project Page is visible by anyone who has access to the Project and also display records specific to the Project.
- Tags: A list of Tags to help others search for the Page more easily.
- Folder: A single Folder where the Page can be organized. This helps other browse for the Page in the Pages menu found in the Global Nav.
- "Share with": Specifies whether the page is public or private. Public Pages are available to anyone with permission to see the Page, whereas Private Pages are only visible to their creators.
- "Who can see this page": A list of which Permission Groups have access to the Page.
The Views and Tabs give you access to configuration options for Canvas Pages. You can read more about designing and configuring Canvas Pages here.
Design Mode lets you add views to a Page, which is useful for Pages with a series of layouts that may all be related. For example, you might create a "Dailies Page" that has one view listing all new Versions, another view with Playlists, and another view with Notes from the latests dailies review.
View types define the layout of the tab. For List Pages, here are the list of available view types and their definitions:
- Grid View: A list of records listed in a spreadsheet layout.
- Card View: A list of record cards that can display field data in special layouts.
- Thumbnail View: A gallery of records viewable by thumbnails.
- Task View: A list of Tasks on the record you choose in Entity Type (see below).
- Canvas: A page of different widgets that can each display their own type of data.
- URL: A full page view of any web page.
On a Detail Page, Design Mode lets you add tabs to a Page, which is useful to see additional information on an entity.
Simply select "+ New Tab" when you are in Design Mode.
Give the tab a name and choose the type of entity to display. Then you can add a filter to further refine what you see. For example, if you want to show all the Shots associated with a certain Episode, create a filter for "Episode is current."