Design mode gives you access to advanced configuration options on any page. It will allow you to do things like:
- Rename the page
- Tag and organize the page in a folder
- Set permissions for who can see the page
- Add new tabs to the page
- Design the layout and configure widgets for canvas pages
Simple page configuration options are available without entering design mode for small changes you do often such as:
- Renaming the page
- Duplicating the page (Save as)
- Managing the page filters and filter panel
- Managing the layout and formatting
You can enter Design Mode on any page by going to the page menu and choosing Design Page.
The Page configuration tab gives you access to global settings for the page:
The View configuration tab allows you to control which permission groups have access to the page.
The views and tabs give you access to configuration options for Canvas pages. You can read more about designing and configuring Canvas pages here.
Design Mode lets you add views to a page, which is useful for Pages with a series of layouts that may all be related. For example, you might create a "Dailies Page" that has one view listing all new Versions, another view with Playlists, and another view with Notes from the latests dailies review.
View types define the layout of the tab. For list pages, here is the list of available view types and their definitions:
- Grid View: A list of records listed in a spreadsheet layout.
- Thumbnail View: A gallery of records viewable by thumbnails.
- Canvas: A page of different widgets that can each display their own type of data.
- URL: A full page view of any web page.
Certain tab views require an entity type, which is the type of record you’ll display on the tab. For example, a grid view of Shots will create a spreadsheet view of Shots./p>
On a detail page, Design Mode lets you add tabs to a page, which is useful to see additional information on an entity.
Simply select “+ New Tab” when you are in Design Mode.
Give the tab a name and choose the type of entity to display. Then you can add a filter to further refine what you see. For example, if you want to show all the Shots associated with a certain Sequence, create a filter for "Sequence is current."