To create a connection entity with a custom entity, follow these steps:
- Enable your custom entity. One example of a custom entity is Outstanding Items.
- Add a new record and some information about it.
- Create a multi-entity field on your custom entity that links to another entity. For example, to link Outstanding Items to Shots so that you can track which items are outstanding for which Shot, choose Shot from the list of entities to link. You will then see a new Shots field on your Outstanding Items page, and a new Outstanding Items Shots field on your Shots page.
- Design the detail page of your custom entity. Add the tab for the entity that it is linked to, and remember to save when you are done.
- Click on Configure Columns, and hover over the name of the connection to find the field name.
- Under Site Preferences > Advanced, add the connection entity type on the Enable List Pages for Connection Entity Types pref. Use the name of your entity and field:
- For example: CustomEntity05_sg_shots_Connection
- Remember to save your changes.
- Now you will be able to see and access the page for your new custom connection entity.
For more on connection entities, see “Using Connection Entities.”