An entity is something you are tracking in Shotgun, such as an Asset. The Asset entity has fields that contain information or bits or metadata. Most fields in Shotgun can be customized to meet your needs. Let's say you want to add a new option in the Type drop-down for Assets.
- Go to the Assets landing page in the Project. Make sure you’re in List View.
- Right-click on the column header for Type.
- Choose "Configure Field".
- A new dialogue will appear. In this dialogue you can change the field type, the field name, how the field is summarized, and the field permissions. You can even delete the field. In the list of choices, type a new option, and then click “Update Field”.
- The new option is now available everywhere you see the Asset "Type" field.