last updated 1-Feb-2013
Screening Room for RV Preferences
We’ve included a few preferences to improve playback performance:
- Update Frequency When Playing: These settings control how the timeline and details panes update when media is playing in RV. The default value is Always.
- Always: Always update the timeline and details panes to be in sync with the media that is currently playing. This means that the progress bars in the timeline will update as RV moves through frames and the details pane will refresh when you move from one version to the next.
- Sources Under 2K: The timeline and details panes will update as long as the sources are under 2K (both dimensions under 2048 pixels). If there is a source larger than this size the timeline will stop updating and will display a warning. The details pane will be automatically pinned. When playback is paused, the timeline and details panes will update to reflect the current source.
- Sources Under 1K: Just like the above. The timeline and details panes will update as long as the sources are under 1K (both dimensions under 1024 pixels).
- Never: The timeline and details panes will never update when media is playing.
- Always Pin Detail Pane When Playing: Updating the detail pane is more intensive than updating the timeline. This option will allow you to pin the details pane automatically whenever playing media in RV. With this option enabled and Update Frequency When Playing set to Always you can keep the timeline updating continuously but lock the details pane which is more likely to affect performance.
- Print debug info: This option is useful if you are having any sort of issues with Screening Room for RV. This will add some error details to the RV console to help you or the Shotgun Support staff better determine the source of the problem.
Shotgun/Screening Room Permissions and Site Preferences
When Screening Room is activated on your Shotgun Site, you will see a Screening Room Preferences section in the Site Preferences Admin page. You can also access these preferences from the Manage Apps menu by clicking on the "Screening Room" bar, and switching to the "Configure" tab (shown here).
The "Configure" tab also includes permissions settings for who can access the Screening Room App. Simply check all the Permission Groups that should have access to Screening Room. Uncheck a group to deny access.
The Shotgun/Screening Room Site Preferences include a number of options that can be turned on or off:
- Generate thumbnails from the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool (enabled by default): With this preference enabled, the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool will create both a static thumbnail, taken from the middle frame of the clip, and a filmstrip thumbnail, a scrubbable representation of the action in the Version. These thumbnails will be visible in both Shotgun and Screening Room.
- Generate QuickTime movies from the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool (enabled by default): This option creates a QuickTime file if you are submitting a sequence of frames using the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool.
- Upload Quicktime movies when they are submitted through or generated by the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool (disabled by default): The QuickTime movie is uploaded to the Shotgun server by the Screening Room for RV Submit Tool, where it is automatically transcoded to a web-streamable format and made available for review using the Screening Room App or the Overlay Player Note that you must either be submitting a QuickTime, or have the “Generate QuickTime” preference enabled, in order for a movie to be uploaded.