Shotgun 7.5 is all about making Shotgun easier, more secure, and faster. An updated Projects page gives you more control over how your work is organized, two-factor authentication adds an extra layer of protection to your site, and upgrades to our systems accelerate Shotgun’s performance.
Easier to use
We’ve received a lot of great input from our clients since the release of the new Projects page. Based on that feedback we’ve made a number of improvements to help you navigate and manage your projects more effectively.
- You can now group projects together and filter them by status.
- The “Recents” section shows the four most recently visited projects. These projects appear at the top of the Projects page and the Projects global menu.
- The My Projects section now includes any projects you’ve favorited, as well as any projects you are involved with. These projects appear below your recent Projects.
Additionally, we’ve revamped the project form to have the same look and feel as the Projects page. As an Admin you can easily add custom fields to your project form.
Currently, you can choose between Google Authenticator or Duo Mobile to help protect your site.
We’ve upgraded our systems to Ruby 2.3.5 and Optimized JSON (Oj), so Shotgun is faster than ever.
Additionally we have optimized how Shotgun reads values in entity fields—which speeds up sites with large amounts of data.
- Admins can now merge Tags on the Tags page. 
- Duration fields now accept negative values. 
- ID fields can now be edited in the importer, regardless of a user’s permissions. 
- Admins can now access the API People Permissions page in the Shotgun API, and they can easily access the page in Shotgun via the Admin menu, under Permissions - People. 
- Media can now be restricted on a per project basis via IP addresses, for those on Super Awesome support. 
- Newly created conditional formatting rules required a page refresh to take effect. This fix updates pages to reflect new conditional formatting rules right away. 
- In the Filter Panel, any long lists with the “show more” option did not display properly. This fix ensures filters with a long list of options renders correctly. 
- The same query field displayed on different tabs on the same page would only properly render on the first tab. This fix ensures the query field properly returns results in all instances. 
- In the percentage field, any number greater than or equal to 1000 displayed as “NaN%.” This fix displays percentages correctly, regardless of the number. 
- On a page where an entity has a field to a connection entity, the page fails to load and there is an error message. This fix loads pages without an error message. 
- Unsupported browsers, such as Internet Explorer, were no longer displaying warnings on Shotgun login pages. This fix shows an error message for unsupported browsers. 
- In the Review Notes app, tabbing through Notes caused fields to hang, or stay onscreen. This fix allows tabbing through Notes without any hanging. 
- When uploading multiple Versions in Screening Room for RV and then annotating frames on one Version, the frame number would display the frame count of all Versions. This fix shows only the recorded frame number for annotations relative to the Version on which the annotation was created. 
- In Screening Room for RV, the overlay frame number was sometimes incorrect and the incorrect frames were sometimes used for annotation. This fix displays the correct frame number and uses the correct frames for annotation. 
- Passing a nil value to the Task.task_template field via the API generated an error when it should not have. This fix ensures errors are no longer incorrectly generated. 
126.96.36.199 (Tues Nov 14, 2017)
- Unnecessary autocompletes have been disabled to provide smoother functionality in the updated project form.  
- Improved security for Client Notes. 
- Field data type conversion has been optimized. 
- Conditional formatting rules with decimal values in their conditions could result in an error. This fix ensures all conditional formatting rules display correctly. 
- For duration fields, the Filter Panel did not compute the lower bound of the slider correctly, and filtering on negative values didn’t work. This fix ensures that the Filter Panel supports all possible duration values. 
- The Filter Panel displayed some relative date values, such as “Today,” as incorrect UTC absolute dates. This fix ensures relative date display in the Filter Panel. 
- Deleting all Tasks from a Tasks page resulted in an error. This fix ensures Tasks can be deleted. 
- Enabling Tasks on a newly enabled custom entity resulted in an error. This fix ensures Tasks on a newly enabled custom entity work properly. 
- Modifying the storage location for uploaded files resulted in an error. This fix allows storage locations to be updated. 
- The preference to test access to storage locations did not work. This fix ensures the test runs. 
- In the Shotgun API, event log entries generated by ApiUser’s did not have the correct script name in the event’s description field. This fix displays user names in the event logs. 
- In the Shotgun API, using the thumbnail based on query, the
filmstrip_imagefield returned ‘None.’ This fix returns the correct URL. 
188.8.131.52 (Wed Nov 1, 2017)
- After the 184.108.40.206 release, adjusting the zoom slider on a Task page with a Gantt chart resulted in the Gantt disappearing. This fix ensures the Gantt always properly displays.